Honest question why are the numerals on the white jerseys blue? | Syracusefan.com

Honest question why are the numerals on the white jerseys blue?

Alsacs

Living Legend
14113978-small.jpg

I don't want to get into a huge discussion of the jerseys, but I just can't understand why we use blue as the color for numerals on the white jerseys when we have very little Orange on the jerseys. I can't stand the argument made by some who loves these jerseys because of tradition I won't name them by name, but that excuse is weaksauce and is the subjective preference of those people. SWC75 has shown we wore Orange before we wore Blue the fact we have so little Orange in the jerseys its just disgusting. We are the Orange and the only Orange is in the pants. If we made the numerals Orange atleast that would be the middle ground.

14113978-small.jpg

I don't want to get into a huge discussion of the jerseys, but I just can't understand why we use blue as the color for numerals on the white jerseys when we have very little Orange on the jerseys. I can't stand the argument made by some who loves these jerseys because of tradition I won't name them by name, but that excuse is weaksauce and is the subjective preference of those people. SWC75 has shown we wore Orange before we wore Blue the fact we have so little Orange in the jerseys its just disgusting. We are the Orange and the only Orange is in the pants. If we made the numerals Orange atleast that would be the middle ground.

Well that's exactly what you're going to get.

FWIW, I prefer orange on white as well but sadly no one in the AD seems to ever ask what I want.

Probably has to do with rules for home and away jerseys colors. Orange on white would be harder to see then the blue. That's my best guess

Probably has to do with rules for home and away jerseys colors. Orange on white would be harder to see then the blue. That's my best guess
Interesting opinion, but I doubt it is true since Tennessee has Orange fonted jerseys on their road uniforms. It is sadly IMO because the AD office doesn't care about having Orange on the football jerseys.

Put me squarely in the camp of those who like the silver (gray to some) as the accent color on the basketball unis.

14113978-small.jpg

It would be cool to see Orange numbers outlined by a thin blue border. Has this ever been done, and I don't mean shading like below on McNabb.

images

If you had a blue outline, I don't think there'd be any problem with visibility with orange numerals.

The basketball unis are definitely in need of a change, regardless of the grey. My main problem is the dumb colored squares on the sides of the legs.

If you had a blue outline, I don't think there'd be any problem with visibility with orange numerals.

The basketball unis are definitely in need of a change, regardless of the grey. My main problem is the dumb colored squares on the sides of the legs.
There are four on each side - 44, Nike designed them like that intentionally. The basketball uniforms are pretty terrific honestly. They're cool looking while staying classy.

For football we need an orange alternate jersey, and orange numbers on away jerseys. Orange is a cool, and fairly unique color, we need to use it to our advantage.