Honest question | Syracusefan.com

Honest question

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Who actual believes the accusers? I 100% dont after watching their espn interviews where they both appear to be not credible , studdering , and their mind racing or lack thete of like people that are on drugs.

Honest question: how come I still can't create new threads?

keeping an open mind, but it does sound fishy. i truly believe that espn dredged this up and made an issue of it, not the accusers.

Hate to say it, but while I am keeping an open mind, I keep coming back to Davis actually being at the FF and Maui. Until satisfactory reasons as to why he was there at these events outside of Bernie's desire to have him there is given, I remain on the fence.

Cheers,
Neil

You've hit on why I think Fine may be able to weather the storm. I don't think negative recruiting is going to be as big an issue as some think. First, because of the way JB came out in such strong support you can tell recruits that JB will stick by the people he believes in and trusts, even if nobody else does. Second, you can negative recruit the negative recruiting - do you really want to go to a school that would use this flimsy evidence to cast doubt on the quality of a man's character? We're not talking about accusing Fine of not paying parking tickets here, we're talking about one of the worst accusations you can make about a person. Third, the likelihood of another case coming up and getting publicity without Fine committing indecent acts in Armory Square in front of dozens of people is extremely low. Finally ESPN is on the line here as well, there are going to be other journalistic organizations coming after them if this is as poorly substantiated as it appears. They'll have a dog in the fight, because they won't want to be the organization that took some random meth addict's word to trash the reputation of a 35 year assistant and end his career.

ESPN needs to either pee or get off the pot here, they better have some more credible witnesses and evidence - cause these two clowns aren't cutting it.

on a 1-10 scale as to how worried i was:

before the interviews:9
after the interviews: 1

Finally ESPN is on the line here as well, there are going to be other journalistic organizations coming after them if this is as poorly substantiated as it appears. They'll have a dog in the fight, because they won't want to be the organization that took some random meth addict's word to trash the reputation of a 35 year assistant and end his career.

ESPN needs to either pee or get off the pot here, they better have some more credible witnesses and evidence - cause these two clowns aren't cutting it.

I like the way you put that.

The simple truth is that everyone in Syracuse loves Syracuse Basketball, it is as much a part of the city as anything else ... and we want to know the truth. Did this happen or is this all a lie? We need to know for the sanity of this city... and what ESPN has provided us doesn't even scratch the surface of 'truth'. They have to have something more than these two rejects, you can't just plant a rotten seed and wait to see if a plant grows. You find as many seeds as you can and find the best seeds that you can or else there is no harvest.

My first general impression is that these guys both give off an aura of *zero* credibility based on the interviews. That said, if someone had actually experienced those things and they were suddenly on ESPN talking about them... I have no way of knowing/predicting how a person in that position would react.

I'm heavily leaning towards calling BS but I need to see where the investigation goes.

I will also say that this Mark Schwatz clown is making me sick. Those interviews, with their parade of leading questions, were horrible. The guy has shown integrity whatsoever. Schwatz is trying to inject himself into the story, which seems unethical to me.

-Mason

I will also say that this Mark Schwatz clown is making me sick. Those interviews, with their parade of leading questions, were horrible. The guy has shown integrity whatsoever. Schwatz is trying to inject himself into the story, which seems unethical to me.

Mark Schwarz is Bradley Whitworth in Billy Madison, where he goes postal when he has to answer a question about "Business Ethics."

Mark Schwarz is Bradley Whitworth in Billy Madison, where he goes postal when he has to answer a question about "Business Ethics."

Perfect analogy.

I'm not 100% convinced that at least Davis isn't telling the truth. There is something strange with Bernie and how close he was with Davis. Still, last night I was 100% sure that it was true. Now I'm 80% sure it isn't, but keeping an open mind. It's a fluid situation.

I think Jason Whitlock, on Twitter, put a terrific question to ESPN last night:

What happened first...did they circle back to the story or did the police open the investigation? As far as I know, ESPN has not answered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom