honest to god | Syracusefan.com

honest to god

Bayer didn't look great in the zone , but got 2 tie ups and a great contest late in the game
I thought he read the zone just as well as Frank. Just somehow he looked tiny out there. According to the roster he is only an inch shorter than Frank.

Our team has the biggest stones in America. I am going to be 100% honest, when Frank went out I thought that was game. Bayer and the rest of the guys fought like he'll and finished the game out strong. I have never been more proud of a team and a group of guys before in my life. This game just became my all time favorite game in Cuse history due to how hard we fought. I love this team and this fanbase! Lets keep it rolling boys!!

Last edited:
without a doubt the most unlikely Syracuse win I've ever witnessed
Michigan State seemed to have good fortune on its side with two banked threes, along with various other good breaks, all of SU's bigs were on the verge of fouling out, Frank is holding things together and then fouls out in the blink of an eye, and THEN this team puts Sparty on its heels, claws back and grabs the game away.

Just another ugly victory for the good guys.

Seriously - 2 minutes into the game I felt MSU knew exactly how to attack the zone and had the players to do it.
They had no clue how to attack the zone... their whole strategy was throw it at the rim and get the board. They were Oklahoma and Indiana level of bad against the zone. If we had any sort of offense it would have been a blow out.

They had no clue how to attack the zone... their whole strategy was throw it at the rim and get the board. They were Oklahoma and Indiana level of bad against the zone. If we had any sort of offense it would have been a blow out.
Not so in the first 2 minutes when they flashed a guy to the lane (something TCU rarely did) and acted confidently with the rock.

Without the two banked threes, and with any kind of defensive rebounding, it might have been a blowout. Or if the officials didn't allow so much contact against Battle and Brissett, it might have been a blowout.

But the better (and more deserving) team won today, so none of that matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom