honest to god | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

honest to god

Not so in the first 2 minutes when they flashed a guy to the lane (something TCU rarely did) and acted confidently with the rock.
Was really surprised Izzo didn’t use Jaren Jackson Jr at the high post. Kid’s supposed to be a lottery pick... he was invisible today.

This is one of the things that makes life worth living.
Just think: we have five days of unadulterated bliss ahead of us!!!! No one and nothing - not even he who cannot be named - can bring me down, baby! I hardly know what to do with myself. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Maybe I’ll write an epic poem on the order of Gilgamesh.

Our team has the biggest stones in America. I am going to be 100% honest, when Frank went out I thought that was game.
I'll admit, when the ref tossed the ball up to start it, I thought that was game..

Just think: we have five days of unadulterated bliss ahead of us!!!! No one and nothing - not even he who cannot be named - can bring me down, baby! I hardly know what to do with myself. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Maybe I’ll write an epic poem on the order of Gilgamesh.
The best part about being in the sweet 16. Relevant and dreaming of possibilities for another week.

how in the fff did that just happen?
I now understand this about Syracuse basketball: I will never understand Syracuse basketball.
Still dancin!
giphy.gif

They had no clue how to attack the zone... their whole strategy was throw it at the rim and get the board.
Honestly Dixon ran that strategy to perfection at Pitt. Felt like they had 5 chances every possession to score. Both centers fouled out on illegal screens. And yet we somehow still pulled it out. I really can’t explain it.

There are two major things that portend losses for us:
1. In all games when the other team banks in a 3 we have like a .100 win percentage. MSU got two of em.

2. In NCAA tournament losses, our guards almost always foul out for the only time in that season (and usually their career). When the refs went hard after Frank and fouled him out in about 5 minutes I was unabashedly sure we had no chance.

In my opimion a higher power orchestrated today’s sequence of events to make the loss as painful as possible for Sparty fans.

I’m not sure how anyone who pays attention to sports can support that hoops program right now.

Our team has the biggest stones in America. I am going to be 100% honest, when Frank went out I thought that was game. Bayer and the rest of the guys fought like he'll and finished the game out strong. I have never been more proud of a team and a group of guys before in my life. This game just became my all time favorite game in Cuse history due to how hard we fought. I love this team and this fanbase! Lets keep it rolling boys!!
Me too. My girl was giving me crap cause I said we were done even though I am super positive person. Again she was right

It wasn’t even just that we had a walk on playing...he made 5 huge defensive plays down the stretch and was solid as a rock every possession...

To be fair, he is not entirely a walk-on. There are legit walk-ons and then there are guys like Bayer. You can tell he is not nearly at a walk-on level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom