Honestly, screw the institution | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Honestly, screw the institution

I just realized I don't want any of the four teams to win it. All for different reasons. That stinks.

You know , I just don’t really have energy to hate on other teams .. It is possible to root for your team without praying death and pestilence upon the others .. I mean I’m a non yankee baseball fan and I can’t even hate them
Now we know you aren't a Red Sox fan.

4 of my nuclear family members went there. They are very pretentious about having done so. I loathe Villanova. Think they are above everyone else on every level

Living near Philly, I find that the only non-alumni to root for Nova don’t know anyone that went there. If you know people that went there, you root against them because of how obnoxious their alumni are. I like Jay Wright...but can’t stand the school.

4 of my nuclear family members went there. They are very pretentious about having done so. I loathe Villanova. Think they are above everyone else on every level

Every single Nova grad I have ever come across act like they are from Harvard. They are in general all pretentious s you are correct. My old boss who is now the CFO of my old company took the cake of all cakes when it came to Nova grads.

Living near Philly, I find that the only non-alumni to root for Nova don’t know anyone that went there. If you know people that went there, you root against them because of how obnoxious their alumni are. I like Jay Wright...but can’t stand the school.

I couldn't agree more. Most of them root for the Big 5 but Nova could care less about the Big 5. Most of them root for Nova because they are a "Philly" team even though Nova has no desire to be associated with anything but the main line.

Last edited:
Every single Nova grad I have ever come across act like they are from Harvard. They are in general all pretentious s you are correct. My old boss who is now the CFO of my old company took the cake of all cakes when it came to Nova grads.
Sounds like my experience with UVa having grown up in NoVa.

Seriously, my Nova relatives perceive my having gone to Syracuse was like going to school with a bunch of thugs