Honestly this team is fine | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Honestly this team is fine

I think the Marquette loss was worse , actually.

If you are going to lose a game, it might as well be when you are firing on no cylinders (G-Town game)... all-around stinker...

The marquette game... played well enough most of the game to win and were setup with a textbook heel-on-throat surf with the lead to win the game in the final minutes...

Instead, we laid down like pansies in the in the final 8 minutes, were outhustled, fouled incessantly because we didn't match marquette's effort and were basically deer-in-the-headlights when they finished their 2-21 scoring run for the win.

We gave the Marquette game away.

I agree with this. SU should have won that game but got outworked/hustled the last 8-10 minutes.

The other concerning thing to me is that Marquette isn't a good outside shooting team and weren't that night either. It's not like they uncharacteristically caught fire and were just lighting it up from outside. Yet even with the poor shooting, they still won.

And a couple of the seemingly recurring themes that drive me nuts: the other team with a long 3 with the shot clock expiring at a critical point in the game and a guy getting a career high.

i think to make a good run mcw has to watch jason kidds game. kidd is a distributor and is a terrible shooter. mcw is not the passer that kidd is but i think has a somewhat similar game. i would also like to see our 6'4" guards post up smaller guards. imagine that. we drag out the other teams bigs with cj and james on the perimeter and let mcw and brandon go to work to use our height advantage. cj is shooting 42% from three. james is 39%. a tad better than the 29% from the two guards (cooney is worse at 28%). would love to see more inverted high-low ball movement. or with zone make it a priority to get the guards in the lane with cj or james as outlets from outside. maybe brandon and mcw do not have games like that. god i miss billy edelin.

Kidd is a terrible shooter? Maybe early 2000's Jason Kidd.

All Time 3 Pointers Made
RankPlayer3P
1. Ray Allen 2812
2. Reggie Miller* 2560
3. Jason Kidd 1955
4. Jason Terry 1879

He's only 35% life-time, but I think MCW would take that right now.

Kidd is a terrible shooter? Maybe early 2000's Jason Kidd.

All Time 3 Pointers Made
RankPlayer3P
1. Ray Allen 2812
2. Reggie Miller* 2560
3. Jason Kidd 1955
4. Jason Terry 1879

He's only 35% life-time, but I think MCW would take that right now.

Wow. I stand corrected. Had no idea. MCW and Brandon would take that in a heartbeat. Must have been thinking of him earlier in his career. Kidd is one of those rare guards who can dominate though without shooting. I personally like MCWs game a lot more when he shoots less and passes/rebounds more.

yes, the field is wide open this year

yes, I still think we have a team that could make a good post season run

but the last three losses have exposed a serious problem for the Orange: the team lacks a Closer. There isn't anyone on the team who can be counted on to get a bucket or get to the line during those critical, must-score possessions in close games as the clock is winding down.

that, more than any other single thing, has been the fatal flaw in this swoon. On the plus side, Triche and MCW have been at least willing to take the shots, but on the down side those are the two guys statistically least likely to make them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom