Hood is Duke's version of CJ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hood is Duke's version of CJ

Don't think I have seen that either. Just think he is as quick and has a good if not better handle at their respective stages.

A good I'd give you, better? Seriously Duke has a much better ability to spread the floor than we had in 03 with Warrick and Forth or McNeil in the games. Its easier for Parker to handle than it was for Melo. Less traffic. But still I'm not knocking Parker's excellent handle just questioning if its actually better than freshman Melo's.

So, if Hood is CJ (our best player) and Parker is Melo (our best freshman ever and one of the top 5 players for us all time), how much trouble is everyone in this year when they play Duke?

Duke cannot guard penetration! Grant and Ennis cut them up. Also they are not great at rebounding so we could work then there as well, Hopefully our zone neutralizes there forward excellence without allowing their 3pt shooting to victimize us.

Duke cannot guard penetration! Grant and Ennis cut them up. Also they are not great at rebounding so we could work then there as well, Hopefully our zone neutralizes there forward excellence without allowing their 3pt shooting to victimize us.
I'll take your word for it since I haven't seen Duke much this year. I was just having some fun with the comparison. It seems like a senior CJ and Melo would be a lethal duo.

A good I'd give you, better? Seriously Duke has a much better ability to spread the floor than we had in 03 with Warrick and Forth or McNeil in the games. Its easier for Parker to handle than it was for Melo. Less traffic. But still I'm not knocking Parker's excellent handle just questioning if its actually better than freshman Melo's.

It's certainly close. Duke definitely spreads the floor more where Parker has more room to operate compared to SU/Melo. Good point.

I'll take your word for it since I haven't seen Duke much this year. I was just having some fun with the comparison. It seems like a senior CJ and Melo would be a lethal duo.

Sorry missed your point been hitting the rumm since early afternoon. CJ would have been a great running mate for Melo! Especially since CJ has always played great as a complimentary DUDE>

This Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is going to be awesome. Just oozing athletic talent. Smooth player.
He looks like zonas best player so far in this one.. does a bit of everything.

This Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is going to be awesome. Just oozing athletic talent. Smooth player.

Yep, we recruited him for awhile and I wished he would come here because he's like MikeG but rather than 3 morfing into a guard he was a PG growing into a 3.

Zona will be dickie v's favorite non duke team this year. They incredible on the note they beat duke alone .

He looks like zonas best player so far in this one.. does a bit of everything.

I really like the whole team. The PG has some Ennis in him with a little more flash and way more defensive ability. Johnson is a pretty good scoring guard. And they're huge and their bigs are all very skilled.

Last edited:
I really like Johnson would be the best 3rd guard in the country many places. Reminds me of Dion, can do it all but looks to score and is very athletic.

I really like Ashley he should have come to SU!

I really like Johnson would be the best 3rd guard in the country many places. Reminds me of Dion, can do it all but looks to score and is very athletic.

I really like Ashley he should have come to SU!

Yep, those two are really good. Tarczewski is more than serviceable. I mean they were a lucky LaQuinton Ross game winning three from going to the Elite 8 last year.

I really like the whole team. The PG has some Ennis in him with a little more flash and way more defensive ability. Johnson is a pretty good scoring guard. And their huge and their bigs are all very skilled.

Well said.

People always forget that the reason freshmen are even thought of for POY is BECAUSE OF Carmelo Anthony. The press slept on him all year long. They were still caught up in the "upperclassmen for POY" mindset. Freshmen weren't seasoned enough. They didn't deserve such an honor. TJ Ford was going to be POY. It was preordained. And then...**poof**...Melo carried a team of underclassmen to the National Title. Every freakin sportswriter in the game had egg on their face after that. Melo changed everything. No more would a freshman be overlooked because of his age and inexperience. It was now about pure talent and ability, and a good dose of hype.

As I always say, Durant should have mailed a "thank you" card to Carmelo when he won POY. Melo shattered the glass ceiling.

People also seem to forget how well rounded Melo's game was as a freshman. He was 230 pounds and could score just as easily inside the paint as he could outside. Jabari is the flavor of the month, so saying he's better than Melo was is simply the lazy, cliche thing to say. Jabari can pick up Melo's jock when he gets a ring and a couple of Olympic gold medals. Other than that, he's just another extremely talented one-and-done player.

Last edited:
Hood is't even qualified to wash CJ's jock strap!

This entire thread... makes me want to kick you people... in and around your faces.
People always forget that the reason freshmen are even thought of for POY is BECAUSE OF Carmelo Anthony. The press slept on him all year long. They were still caught up in the "upperclassmen for POY" mindset. Freshman weren't seasoned enough. They didn't deserve such an honor. TJ Ford was going to be POY. It was preordained. And then...**poof**...Melo carried a team of underclassmen to the National Title. Every freakin sportswriter in the game had egg on their face after that. Melo changed everything. No more would a freshman be overlooked because of his age and inexperience. It was now about pure talent and ability, and a good dose of hype.

As I always say, Durant should have mailed a "thank you" card to Carmelo when he won POY. Melo shattered the glass ceiling.

People also seem to forget how well rounded Melo's game was as a freshman. He was 230 pounds and could score just as easily inside the paint as he could outside. Jabari is the flavor of the month, so saying he's better than Melo was is simply the lazy, cliche thing to say. Jabari can pick up Melo's jock when he gets a ring and a couple of Olympic gold medals. Other than that, he's just another extremely talented one-and-done player.
Pete...tell us how u really feel! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom