Hopefully today we hear the Sun Beast signed with NBC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hopefully today we hear the Sun Beast signed with NBC

Remind me, who plays football in the BE again?
Knights, Scarlet Knights, Cougars, Ponies, Tigers, Owls, Cardinals, Huskies, Bulls and Bearcats with the Pirates and the Green Wave on deck. The Naval Academy may join after that along with either the Minutemen or the Golden Hurricane.

Got it? :)

Phil good points...the nnnnnnnBE will be used as filler. It'll be interesting to see if Big Monday stays or becomes ACC only or a mix of old BE schools.
If the Big East retains Big Monday it will become the UConn Game of the Week. UConn vs. Temple, Cincy, Memphis 2x each.

If the Big East retains Big Monday it will become the UConn Game of the Week. UConn vs. Temple, Cincy, Memphis 2x each.
With SU, UL, ND and Pitt looking for OOC opponents, I could see each go against a nnnnnnnBE team in Jan-Mar to create more compelling matches for ESPN...I could see ESPN substituting ACC opponents in against UC, UConn, Memphis and Temple on Big Monday.

I could see ESPN substituting ACC opponents in against UC, UConn, Memphis and Temple on Big Monday.
I doubt Mr. Swofford would be too thrilled with such an arrangement. Of course, everybody has their price.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
ESPN & Big East finalizing 7-year media rights deal worth $130M, league sources tell @ESPN

ESPN & Big East finalizing 7-year media rights deal worth $130M, league sources tell @ESPN

$18.6M/year, on average. I'm not going to bother doing the per-team math, because I have no idea anymore how many teams are in the BE. Nor do I care anymore.

Starting in 2014, it's about $22M for football/hoops whether 11 or 12 members

@Chris02M football money for next year stays same w/original contract

from the article:

ESPN's deal with the Big East includes seven years for men's basketball (2013-20) and six years for football (2014-20). The deal breaks down to $10 million for the 2013-14 basketball season and $20 million starting in 2014-15 for football and men's basketball, sources said
ESPN's package includes annually broadcasting 65 football games, 150-plus basketball games, a conference football championship game and the Big East men's basketball tournament on ESPN's family of networks, sources said.

Sources said CBS will also extend its men's basketball rights with the Big East, paying the league about an additional $2 million annually(12mil over 6 yrs).

The Big East's $10 million figure for the men's basketball season in 2013-14 is based on the seven Catholic schools remaining in the league next season, sources said. If those schools leave the Big East before next year, that figure would be reduced.

acc contract from mcmurphy:

The ACC, with the addition of Notre Dame as a full member in all sports but football, is expected to earn about $19 million annually per school

acc contract from mcmurphy:

The ACC, with the addition of Notre Dame as a full member in all sports but football, is expected to earn about $19 million annually per school

It's about $17M per school in the current contract, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom