Hopkins and Recruiting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins and Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think recruiting fixes things like people think it does. It’s a weird time in college basketball and our ISO system is meh.

Btw Virginia and Texas tech and a few other schools are winning a lot of games with classes even worse than ours. Our player development needs to be better too.
Probably not the right place to add this but I totally agree our player development needs to be better. Not having a coach to develop the big men seems to haunt us year after year. I am not trying to throw coach Griffin under the bus rather we need a coach that can relate to playing the center position. I for sure have no idea "how" to do this but it would seem a reasonable approach to start with an experienced big man providing the coaching.

I’m agreeing with you on the steep drop. Just adding other context about evaluation or development issues with Carey and Joseph, which has compounded matters. And that the Canadians were a bit underrated.

Yeah my comment was agreeing with you too just not well worded lol

Name one player Gmac had brought in that you’d consider a passable player.
Girard. Maybe currently not as good as people hoped for, but he was someone wanted by Boeheim and was a recruiting win.

Balls just get rolled out, usually the rest of the roster just catches Buddy’s shots and passes them back to him.
You would think they could rebound better in that instance.

You would think they could rebound better in that instance.
1614826165696.gif

I don’t think recruiting fixes things like people think it does. It’s a weird time in college basketball and our ISO system is meh.

Btw Virginia and Texas tech and a few other schools are winning a lot of games with classes even worse than ours. Our player development needs to be better too.

Our system with the 2009-13 rosters is undefeated. Our system with the 2016 roster (closest to how we play now and to overall CBB talent in 2021) is probably looking at a 2 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom