Hopkins Game Thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins Game Thread...

SSDMs are not the problem.

The entire D is not good. Slides are early or nonexistent.

So typical Syracuse.
So disappointed for the whole school...desperately need something to cheer about. Just a terrible scholastic yr for athletics, a disaster frankly.

JeremyCuse said:
With this team it was, with all that offensive talent to not get to a final four last year or this year is a travesty. There is no way to spin it otherwise.
worst year in awhile for su sports I'm pissed

No D = No titles. Haven't had a legit D since White, Galloway & Sid

With this team it was, with all that offensive talent to not get to a final four last year or this year is a travesty. There is no way to spin it otherwise.
come on....Everybody knows Desko won 5 tittles on his coaching talent alone.

worst year in awhile for su sports I'm pissed
Sad part is next yr is no guarantee to be better in bball or fball, but I'm more optimistic that lax can be a contender than the general sentiment. But yes, 14-15 was a mess. No way around it.

wallacecuse said:
Sad part is next yr is no guarantee to be better in bball or fball, but I'm more optimistic that lax can be a contender than the general sentiment. But yes, 14-15 was a mess. No way around it.
we making a. Bowl for football have toooooooooooooo

Well, you have to have a respectable defense. As I pointed out elsewhere, Quint & Carcaterra really questioned SU's defense last week. They were right to do so. The SSDMs really struggled with JHU's off-ball movement. Wardwell is just average, the long sticks, with the exception of Mullins, are just OK.

Do you have a sense about how much D help is coming in?

Well, you have to have a respectable defense. As I pointed out elsewhere, Quint & Carcaterra really questioned SU's defense last week. They were right to do so. The SSDMs really struggled with JHU's off-ball movement. Wardwell is just average, the long sticks, with the exception of Mullins, are just OK.

Do you have a sense about how much D help is coming in?

Redshirting:
Laz Chavez
Marcus Cunningham
Conner Phillips
Josh Pulver
Austin Fusco

Coming next season:
David Dilts
Nick Mellon
Andrew Helmer
Tyson Bomberry
Jonah Swigert