Hopkins Game... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins Game...

15-9, Su wins #5. Should retain the #1 ranking. The second half was slower, sloppy, and a bit passive. Drake was Drake, as expected. Not sure whether the game plane for the second half as an homage to recent years before the shot clock, but SU was a lot slower and sloppier. The team should always be in first gear.

Funny, I am complaining about a 6 point victory over Johns Hopkins, a traditional rival. Any victory is a good win. Any victory of Johns Hopkins is a very good win. Enjoy the W Orange fans.

Good win but way way to sloppy. Lots to work on but we took care of business.
Team has all the pieces but I’m beginning to think that sloppiness is just in their dna. I was hoping they would have cleaned up the unforced errors by the fifth game now. You’re gonna have bad plays but some of this could come back to haunt them against better competition and is the type of schitt that could get you knocked out before Memorial Day weekend

I couldn't watch today. Thanks everyone for the updates and running commentary.

Team has all the pieces but I’m beginning to think that sloppiness is just in their dna. I was hoping they would have cleaned up the unforced errors by the fifth game now. You’re gonna have bad plays but some of this could come back to haunt them against better competition and is the type of schitt that could get you knocked out before Memorial Day weekend

I agree in principle. I think young kids tend to get too confident when they jump out to a commanding lead. Happens in every sport. you are spot on that they need to clean up errors against better teams or it will haunt them.

Agreed, I will excuse some of the turnovers late as SU was just going through the motions but 16 turnovers or whatever we had was way way to much. Turnovers and the man up unit have to be points of emphasis moving forward. Man up desperately misses Solomon and Voigt.

Agreed, I will excuse some of the turnovers late as SU was just going through the motions but 16 turnovers or whatever we had was way way to much. Turnovers and the man up unit have to be points of emphasis moving forward. Man up desperately misses Solomon and Voigt.
Great points on the man up unit. It was ugly.

I couldn't watch today. Thanks everyone for the updates and running commentary.
Same... game day threads here are so much better than just checking the score.

Thanks for the updates, gang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom