Hopkins + Hart not a sure thing? | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins + Hart not a sure thing?

Not surprising. Hart has recruited the majority of the kids they have gotten according to my friend that went there. If he comes to UW I could see them killing USC in recruiting.

Not surprising. Hart has recruited the majority of the kids they have gotten according to my friend that went there. If he comes to UW I could see them killing USC in recruiting.
Let's also bid

that's twice USC has boned Hopkins over Hart; first, stealing his idea of hiring Hart & Bland and giving it to Enfield, now this.

Washington/SC rivalry will be one to watch

Tony Bland as well. He is the associate head coach.
Don't be surprised if Hart is a finalist when Syracuse picks its next HC. Especially if he has a couple years experience as a HC by that point.

It is funny/strange how many twigs of the JB coaching tree have sprung up out West.

Wayne Morgan
Jason Hart
Tony Bland
Stevie Thompson
Tim Welsh
Mike Hopkins

Don't be surprised if Hart is a finalist when Syracuse picks its next HC. Especially if he has a couple years experience as a HC by that point.

It is funny/strange how many twigs of the JB coaching tree have sprung up out West.

Wayne Morgan
Jason Hart
Tony Bland
Stevie Thompson
Tim Welsh
Mike Hopkins

Where's Welsh these days?

Wayne Morgan
Jason Hart
Tony Bland
Stevie Thompson
Tim Welsh
Mike Hopkins
Well let's get him and begin the grooming

Tough start for Hop, between this, Porter asking(and receiving) his release, and a second kid, Blake Harris doing the same. I am sure Hop will be ok, but a lot to deal with out of the gate.

I think sutomcat meant Tim O'Toole, not Welsh. Last I heard, Welsh does TV commentary for games. He was hired by Hofstra as HC a few years ago and then promptly incurred a DUI and was fired.
Yes, sorry, this is correct. Should know better than to try and sneak in a post between meetings...

Rumblings that Steven Thompson Sr might also be in consideration.
Stevie Thompson is an assistant coach at Oregon St where his son is the starting point guard and where they just signed his younger son Ethan. Watched a few Ducks games this year and was very impressed with young Stevie. We could have used him this season.
Wouldn't count on Hop or JB getting a package deal for the Thompsons.

I think Hop should give his old high school and college teammate a call, LeRon Ellis, to be his big man coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom