Hopkins + Hart not a sure thing? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins + Hart not a sure thing?

This is great pub for Hart. A HC job could be in his future. Maybe even soon.

USC assistant Jason Hart turns down Washington offer

LOS ANGELES — USC basketball assistant coach Jason Hart will remain with the Trojans after turning down an offer from Washington.

Hart, 38, received a new two-year contract at USC this week, according to an athletic department official who did not wish to be identified. USC athletic director Lynn Swann was reportedly among those who lobbied Hart to stay.

Hart is close friends with new Washington coach Mike Hopkins, who recruited him to play at Syracuse.

alternate reading: Hop fails to close recruitment; continues losing streak

I think Hop should give his old high school and college teammate a call, LeRon Ellis, to be his big man coach.

When he was 43 he was lookin like this, don't think he can coach himself let alone some kids.

leron-ellis-mugshot1.jpg

USC assistant Jason Hart turns down Washington offer

LOS ANGELES — USC basketball assistant coach Jason Hart will remain with the Trojans after turning down an offer from Washington.

Hart, 38, received a new two-year contract at USC this week, according to an athletic department official who did not wish to be identified. USC athletic director Lynn Swann was reportedly among those who lobbied Hart to stay.

Hart is close friends with new Washington coach Mike Hopkins, who recruited him to play at Syracuse.
Why'd Hart do his former coach dirty like that? Where's his loyalty? Shame.

Why'd Hart do his former coach dirty like that? Where's his loyalty? Shame.
I know you are being sarcastic, but one would think they knew something like this might happen. It was a win/win for Jason. Good for him.

I don't think it's a reflection on Hop but I'd also say that it's not the greatest look to UW fans.

Hop is named HC, they lose their top recruits (expected), Porter Sr says Hop never even reached out to him and then Hop can't get his buddy to leave a rival school to come join his staff.

Anyone think we may step in and hire him to replace Hopkins ? I bet if we give him the coach in waiting title he would gladly take the job. Hopkins loss could potentially be our gain?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom