Horrible coaching decision by Dixon | Syracusefan.com

Horrible coaching decision by Dixon

Eric15

Living Legend
After we got the rebound up 5 with about 1:05 left in the game, TCU didn't foul and allowed us to run 30 seconds off the shot clock. What were they possibly thinking there? Why wouldn't they try to get tangled up with Moyer off the ball and put him (or anyone else) on the line for 1 and 1 and extend the game?

After we got the rebound up 5 with about 1:05 left in the game, TCU didn't foul and allowed us to run 30 seconds off the shot clock. What were they possibly thinking there? Why wouldn't they try to get tangled up with Moyer off the ball and put him (or anyone else) on the line for 1 and 1 and extend the game?
That combined with them taking an hour to get a shot up on their last possession were real head scratchers. I'll take it though

That combined with them taking an hour to get a shot up on their last possession were real head scratchers. I'll take it though
It appeared to me that our defense stepped-up their intensity and movement on that possession, and just didn't give TCU a decent look at the basket. Getting back to Eric's point, maybe Dixson should have called a TO (assuming he had one) and set-up a play to try to get someone open.

That possession was a microcosm of TCU's game. In that situation usually teams attack the basket for a quick. They couldn't even GET to the basket and they had no idea what to do. They looked completely clueless. Broadzinksy (sp?) had a few nice shots and Kenrich Williams had 2 nice putback dunks - but other than that it was nothing

It will be interesting to see how he evolves there with recruits. That certainly was not a traditional Dixon team

Bizarre mistake. You have to extend the game down 5 points with a minute to go.

On that last sequence, it looked like they were ready to attack as soon as they crossed halfcourt but we came at them like we were defending our homeland from invaders and they seemed shell shocked at our intensity.
Yes...I think JB might’ve tweaked the zone there to make them a bit more hesitant. (I keed, I keed) ;)

It appeared to me that our defense stepped-up their intensity and movement on that possession, and just didn't give TCU a decent look at the basket. Getting back to Eric's point, maybe Dixson should have called a TO (assuming he had one) and set-up a play to try to get someone open.
Good question about Dixon having any more timeouts. It seemed to me that he was calling them when most coaches wouldn’t have. Is he that much of a control freak?

Jamie's crying

He wants to send us a letter.
Just tryin to make himself feel better.

But he know what that'll get him.

Oh, oh, oh......

Last edited:
Their guards looked like Hulls and Ferrell against us in 2013 trying to figure out the zone.

I was surprised - you heard so much about their shooting, and they didn't seem to have much interest in shooting threes. They had us in scramble mode a couple times and didn't even look to pull the trigger. Still seemed more interesting in getting into the lane with the pass.

Their game plan seemed to be - hide that one dude in the corner! If they figure that out....uhhhhhh.....we'll get back to you next year. Surprising from Dixon who always gets credit for shredding the zone.

On that last sequence, it looked like they were ready to attack as soon as they crossed halfcourt but we came at them like we were defending our homeland from invaders and they seemed shell shocked at our intensity.

DILLY DILLY!!

how many times did the frogs drive in and out thru the lane ? i lost count. turnovers ultimately did them in.

Have you ever watched Moyer on D? I bet it’s a little scary. He plays so close to the edge of sanity. He was a madman at at the end of the game. It has to be a little intimidating seeing this crazy man gyrate and run at you. I think we were a little better off with his energy, girth and psychoticness in that situation than if Marek hadn’t fouled out.

Have you ever watched Moyer on D? I bet it’s a little scary. He plays so close to the edge of sanity. He was a madman at at the end of the game. It has to be a little intimidating seeing this crazy man gyrate and run at you. I think we were a little better off with his energy, girth and psychoticness in that situation than if Marek hadn’t fouled out.
Ha! All so true. He covers his area like a deranged condor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom