Horrible coaching decision by Dixon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Horrible coaching decision by Dixon

I’m sure Dixon was reluctant to rely on their strength - 3-pt shooting - to beat the zone. That’s never how he did it at Pitt so he took himself out of his usual game plan.

Thought it was telling how JB kept praising TCU and Dixon in the post-game presser while giving proper credit to our team. Then Dixon kept going on and on how his team didn't execute, etc. and gave SU credit exactly once (with a qualifier) in the opening remark. Yeah, they failed, but maybe we had something to do with 2 consecutive 80+ pt scoring teams getting 50+ season lows in a row? Jamie is crying all right.

After we got the rebound up 5 with about 1:05 left in the game, TCU didn't foul and allowed us to run 30 seconds off the shot clock. What were they possibly thinking there? Why wouldn't they try to get tangled up with Moyer off the ball and put him (or anyone else) on the line for 1 and 1 and extend the game?

I wondered the same thing but realized that putting us on the line with the chance to make it a three possession game with time running out was a tough call. A three possession game with a minute left is over and the only thing to do was to play it out and hope for a steal.

Now if you will excuse me I need a shower after defending Jamie Dixon.

Dixon didn’t have guys who see the SU zone 1-2 times a year and he only had two days to fully devote to game planning (since they didn’t know if they’d be playing us or ASU).

You can know every way to attack a zone but it doesn’t mean sht if your players can’t execute it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom