Hotel recommendations in Pittsburgh for NCAA t'ment | Syracusefan.com

Hotel recommendations in Pittsburgh for NCAA t'ment

Michigan Orange

Walk On
Any ideas where a good spot would be? I could always GOOGLE hotels near the Consol Energy Center.

Thanks.

Any ideas where a good spot would be? I could always GOOGLE hotels near the Consol Energy Center.

Thanks.
I got mine on Priceline a month ago so it might be different now, but I got the Westin (.9 miles from Consol) for $100 per night. Don't be afraid to bid low.

I'm staying at a Hampton Inn about a mile and a half from the arena. Just go on hotels.com. Should have no issues getting one.

some close ones within walking distance to consol..

omni william penn
westin
double tree
sheraton at station square

some close ones within walking distance to consol..

omni william penn
westin
double tree
sheraton at station square

I can vouch for Sheraton Station Square, but it's a bit of a hike. 30-minute walk wasn't too bad, but the neighborhoods aren't the most pedestrian-friendly. Nice hotel and a doable walk for those who don't mind walking, though.

I got mine on Priceline a month ago so it might be different now, but I got the Westin (.9 miles from Consol) for $100 per night. Don't be afraid to bid low.

Yeah, I saw when you posted that before. NICE deal! Pittsburgh hotels can get really expensive in general downtown. They don't have a ton of accommodations around there. I happen to really like Pittsburgh but having to drive around a bunch dealing with all of the tunnels/bridges/one-ways can get rough if you're a novice staying far from Consol.

I can vouch for Sheraton Station Square, but it's a bit of a hike. 30-minute walk wasn't too bad, but the neighborhoods aren't the most pedestrian-friendly. Nice hotel and a doable walk for those who don't mind walking, though.
good point bout the walk..the one major perk to it is the variety of bars and restaurants all within a 2 minutes

good point bout the walk..the one major perk to it is the variety of bars and restaurants all within a 2 minutes

For sure. I'd stay there again in a second (I'm holding out for Boston - knock on wood - this year, though), but I know a lot of CNYers really hate walks of any distance.

For sure. I'd stay there again in a second (I'm holding out for Boston - knock on wood - this year, though), but I know a lot of CNYers really hate walks of any distance.

wait till you're in your 50's and 60's and it's all uphill.

Stay in Oakland.

I did the $100/night Priceline thing and got Sheraton Station.

I did the $100/night Priceline thing and got Sheraton Station.

I like it a lot; stayed there two years ago and found it convenient to the Duquesne/Civic Arena neighborhood. We actually walked from Station Square to a Mets-Pirates game, too, but that was a real haul.

Airport is about 15 minutes from downtown.
If all you want is a hotel, I recommend checking out the Cranberry Pa area.
Cranberry is where the Pa turnpike and I-79 meet.
Easy access to downtown without tunnels, ample dining in area but no nightlife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom