Housing more important than facilities | Syracusefan.com

Housing more important than facilities

kcsu

Living Legend
Housing is more important than practice facilities when it comes to impressing students. In addition to upgrading our facilities we need to maintain top notch housing.

I think our housing is pretty impressive for first year athletes. They're given a lot of freedom in living on South Campus. They do a sweep of the apartments once a semester to make sure you don't have anything illegal on campus, but they don't look inside any cabinets or dressers or closets. If they had looked inside my fridge on South Campus during my sophomore year, I absolutely would've been written up. South Campus and the apartment housing is definitely a plus for our campus, especially given its proximity to Manley and the future IPF.

I think our housing is pretty impressive for first year athletes. They're given a lot of freedom in living on South Campus. They do a sweep of the apartments once a semester to make sure you don't have anything illegal on campus, but they don't look inside any cabinets or dressers or closets. If they had looked inside my fridge on South Campus during my sophomore year, I absolutely would've been written up. South Campus and the apartment housing is definitely a plus for our campus, especially given its proximity to Manley and the future IPF.
Agreed. When my daughter was picking a school outside of the "vibe" with other students Housing was huge. I believe this to be the case with many kids. I think that the South Campus has been a benefit to us in recruiting and i hope that we stay on top of this as much as the facility thing as it is super important

They looked in your apartment at south campus? They didn't even come near mine haha...

They looked in your apartment at south campus? They didn't even come near mine haha...
Were you an athlete Bnoro?

This is an interesting observation, kcsu. I think you make a good point. I don't know how much time D1 student athletes spend at their dorm rooms/apartments, but from the looks of some of the City Gridiron videos, it seems like they do spend some quality time in there like normal students. Granted they have classes, weight room, film room, practice, they're still spending ~15 hours a day at their place, right? Reminds me of that video of Kentucky's basketball team "house".

I always thought the south campus apartments looked like ugly military housing. Some beautification is definately needed. More like a village feeling rather than random placement of concrete bunkers.

I won a beer olympics, does that count?

Man, me and my friends used to put on a yearly beer Olympics. There would be 5 teams (countries) and 7 people on each team. It was mandatory to dress up as that nationality or you would be disqualified. Their was only one major problem, we would get way to drunk and could never finish the festivities.

My junior year on south they came in. I was asleep and we had at least two handles out in our kitchen and neither of us were 21. They didn't say or do anything and just walked out.

My junior year on south they came in. I was asleep and we had at least two handles out in our kitchen and neither of us were 21. They didn't say or do anything and just walked out.
Smart move as I wouldn't want to wake you after an all night bender

S campus looks and feels like subsidized housing. It is totally dated. Nice to have the autonomy of being there and proximity to facilities - but higher Ed housing standards have really come up over the years.

S campus looks and feels like subsidized housing. It is totally dated. Nice to have the autonomy of being there and proximity to facilities - but higher Ed housing standards have really come up over the years.

only mentioning this because there was a quote from a weekend recruit who said he loved that Freshman get their own apartments. He saw this as a big positive. You have to remember most Freshman are subjected to doubling up in a dorm room that is the size of your living room.

only mentioning this because there was a quote from a weekend recruit who said he loved that Freshman get their own apartments. He saw this as a big positive. You have to remember most Freshman are subjected to doubling up in a dorm room that is the size of your living room.

Heck my freshman year dorm room, for two, wasn't even the size of a living room and it was green cinder block walls to boot. Beautiful Day.

Heck my freshman year dorm room, for two, wasn't even the size of a living room and it was green cinder block walls to boot. Beautiful Day.

oh i know exactly what you mean. the worst part is the public stalls. uhhhh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom