How 2011 All-Big East team fared as recruits | Syracusefan.com

How 2011 All-Big East team fared as recruits

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
How 2011 All-Big East team fared as recruits
(aka scouting services stink)

OT Justin Pugh, Syracuse. Unranked at his position for the class of 2009, Pugh got a scout grade of 40. Talk about making the most of somebody who was "undervalued."
OG Andrew Tiller, Syracuse. Tiller was unranked and did not even get a scouts grade when he was being evaluated in 2009 out of Nassau Community College.
TE Nick Provo, Syracuse. Provo was ranked No. 86 at his position in the class of 2007
RB Antwon Bailey, Syracuse. Ranked the No. 128 running back in the class of 2008 -- well behind fellow signee Averin Collier (No. 42). Collier was considered the gem of the class, but academics derailed his career.
DL Chandler Jones, Syracuse. Jones came to Syracuse as a 230-pound tight end, unranked and giving a scout grade of 40. Now he is headed to the NFL draft as a projected second-to-third round pick.

OT Justin Pugh, Syracuse. Unranked at his position for the class of 2009, Pugh got a scout grade of 40. Talk about making the most of somebody who was "undervalued."
I will take an OL from PA who plays in the Big-33 game any freaking day. We really got a steal here. Do we have any Big-33 guys this year?

I will take an OL from PA who plays in the Big-33 game any freaking day. We really got a steal here. Do we have any Big-33 guys this year?
i believe emerich?? and i am not sure but i would guess hilliard played for ohio

I'd say those kids developed quite nicely! :)
You couldn't be more wrong...this staff doesn't coach-up players. JP must've improved by watching self-help videos for OLinemen.

I don't necessarily disagree with the larger premise, that recruiting rankings, specifically on a player by player basis, are mostly meaningless. But one could argue that the reason all these lowly ranked and unranked kids are All-Big East is because the conference has lousy talent overall.

I would suspect you'll see a lot more 4 and 5-star kids littered across the All-Conference teams of the SEC, Pac-12 and Big Ten.