How about Peyton Freaking Nassib | Syracusefan.com

How about Peyton Freaking Nassib

GoSU96

Living Legend
No huddle for 95 plays, and not a whole lot of checking the sideline for plays.

This was the first time they busted out this thing for real. Sure there were some hiccups, but that was impressive.

Exciting. This is maybe the most optimistic the board has ever been day after a loss and rightly so.

Just look at the helmets at the top of the board. We can do a lot of damage against that, and we will get better.

Proud to have been a Nassib supporter throughout and think he's primed for an excellent senior season, if the key offensive cogs get and stay healthy

People wanted to know where the offense that Doug helped run with the Saints went? They got it yesterday.

Let's hope it doesn't take another year and a half to see it again.

Let's hope it doesn't take another year and a half to see it again.

We will see the same offense for the rest of the year.

It should be kept in mind, though, that NW had no real idea what was coming.

So, we will probably face defenses that are much more prepared for our packages.

Still, we did not have or did not play Stevens, Lemon, Adonis or GMIII and saw very little of AB.

So who knows, there may be more to the offense than the NW game revealed.

So, we will probably face defenses that are much more prepared for our packages.

Still, we did not have or did not play Stevens, Lemon, Adonis or GMIII and saw very little of AB.

I think you are over estimating the "NW had no real idea what was coming" factor. Fitzgerald's pre game commentary was consistently aimed at expecting the unexpected from SU. He knew about the closed practices, he knew about the emphasis on big plays and up tempo, he mentioned no huddle, he knew about Nassib's passing records.

Add to that the fact that 8 programs in the B1G ran versions of the spread/no huddle offense last year, with Iowa and PSU expected to run versions this year.

Even if NW was caught completely asleep at the wheel, they certainly know how to, practiced for, and were prepared to adapt to, no huddle, up tempo offense.

I think you are over estimating the "NW had no real idea what was coming" factor. Fitzgerald's pre game commentary was consistently aimed at expecting the unexpected from SU. He knew about the closed practices, he knew about the emphasis on big plays and up tempo, he mentioned no huddle, he knew about Nassib's passing records.

Add to that the fact that 8 programs in the B1G ran versions of the spread/no huddle offense last year, with Iowa and PSU expected to run versions this year.

Even if NW was caught completely asleep at the wheel, they certainly know how to, practiced for, and were prepared to adapt to, no huddle, up tempo offense.

Maybe I overstated it.

But the offense certainly took me by surprise and I follow this stuff as much as anybody.

I was under the impression that we were going to be running the K-State offense. What we saw was something different.

I have to believe that NW was taken by surprise - at the very least by the pace of play.

I don't disagree with you but I've had expectations in the past that we would be seeing a version of this offense throughout the year and we haven't. I understand the issues with the 0-line, etc, etc but we used in the Pinstripe bowl. Why did we barely see it last year? So I want to believe that we will continue to see a more aggressive offensive approach but at this point I am going to remain somewhat pessimistic but not in a negative way - if that makes sense.

Maybe I overstated it.

But the offense certainly took me by surprise and I follow this stuff as much as anybody.

I was under the impression that we were going to be running the K-State offense. What we saw was something different.

I have to believe that NW was taken by surprise - at the very least by the pace of play.

Agreed, OPA. I was surprised that they went no huddle all game, and shocked to see that they ran 95 plays, including 64 pass attempts!

I couldn't be happier with that philososphy and mind set. It is what we "should" be doing as a team that plays in a Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom