How about these new WR's and QB's? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How about these new WR's and QB's?

I thought arcinieaga was a 3 to play 3 kid because of a medical redshirt.

Currently he's 2 to play 2.

He was going to apply for a hardship waiver due to an injury he had as a JUCO, but I have no idea if it was ever approved.

Currently he's 2 to play 2.

He was going to apply for a hardship waiver due to an injury he had as a JUCO, but I have no idea if it was ever approved.

It never was announced that it did.

But like with PTG and Flemming, theirs were filed and everyone forgot about them, then we heard about them getting approved long after. So maybe his is still hung up in the NCAA red tape.

It never was announced that it did.

But like with PTG and Flemming, theirs were filed and everyone forgot about them, then we heard about them getting approved long after. So maybe his is still hung up in the NCAA red tape.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/02/luke_arciniega_arrived_at_syra.html

He committed to Nevada in 2010, but never played due to a concussion.
Nevada pulled his scholarship and he sat out 2011.
Played JUCO in 2012.
Pending a waiver, his five year window ends in 2014.

Will the NCAA do right by this kid? :noidea:

Last edited:
I believe that last year the coaching staff decided to lean hard on the run , both designed runs and for Hunt whenever plays broke. With the first year coaches and QB's and new terminology and play design it cut down on turnovers and kept the sticks moving, giving the defense a chance to dominate. That was why the receivers didn't get separation , they needed to stay close to secondary players to lock up downfield blocks.

I believe that last year the coaching staff decided to lean hard on the run , both designed runs and for Hunt whenever plays broke. With the first year coaches and QB's and new terminology and play design it cut down on turnovers and kept the sticks moving, giving the defense a chance to dominate. That was why the receivers didn't get separation , they needed to stay close to secondary players to lock up downfield blocks.

Receivers could not get separation most of the time when they wanted to. If they did break coverage, they'd get bumped off their routes. It was a mess.