How about these new WR's and QB's? | Syracusefan.com

How about these new WR's and QB's?

Rocco

Watching you.
Jamal Custis - 6'6" - we fought off Penn St, Maryland and Vandy late
Adly Enoicy - 6'5" - athletic freak at this size, will end up at TE IMO
Steve Ishmael - 6'3" - can go up and get it like Mike Williams; great route runner; big-time offers
KJ Williams - 6'3" - big, strong kid. Solid route runner.
Corey Cooper - 6'0" - highly chased after in HS, has another year of conditioning under his belt

Alin Edouard - 6'1" - flipped to us from Miami a few months back, solid arm, fast feet, will be ready in 2 years
AJ Long - 6'1" - energetic kid who is already studying the playbook and is quick on his feet

The future looks bright. Hunt has to be happy as hell to be adding these guys in with Broyld, Cornelius and Estime. Woah.

McDonald will finally be able to start running the offense he envisioned when he got the OC job. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Well said, can't wait to get them on campus and into the S&C program, especially our new lineman! Want Ward lifting with Hickey all year! That said, want everyone lifting with Hickey all year! :)

Jamal Custis - 6'6" - we fought off Penn St, Maryland and Vandy late
Adly Enoicy - 6'5" - athletic freak at this size, will end up at TE IMO
Steve Ishmael - 6'3" - can go up and get it like Mike Williams; great route runner; big-time offers
KJ Williams - 6'3" - big, strong kid. Solid route runner.
Corey Cooper - 6'0" - highly chased after in HS, has another year of conditioning under his belt

Alin Edouard - 6'1" - flipped to us from Miami a few months back, solid arm, fast feet, will be ready in 2 years
AJ Long - 6'1" - energetic kid who is already studying the playbook and is quick on his feet

The future looks bright. Hunt has to be happy as hell to be adding these guys in with Broyld, Estime, Cornelius and Estime. Woah.

McDonald will finally be able to start running the offense he envisioned when he got the OC job. Can't wait.
Estime is so talented you had to count him twice!

Estime is so talented you had to count him twice!

Good catch. I do like him that much.

I will also add Erv Philips to this mix. He will be at RB to start, but will certainly be lined up in the slot as well and has that Tavon Austin-game to him.

Great time to be a Cuse fan! Love this team! Love these coaches! Love our fans! Let's go Orange!

Will be fun to see who breaks through. Cooper has a head start but Ishmael and especially KJ Williams look physically ready to make plays.

we probably take another 3 or 4 LBers next class as well. Other then Luke A, and Hodge everyone else will be gone
Isn't this (2014) Luke's last year?

Yes.

For the 2015 season, we will have:

Vigille - RSr (assuming he gets his redshirt senior year)
Hodge - true JR
Perry- redshirt SO
Bennett - SO
Moskal - SO
Thomas - SO
Franklin - SO

That's 7 kids.

I think they take 1 or 2 LB's in the 2015 class.

i thought he was granted a retroactive medical RS, and was a sophmore this season?

at least that was the talk, it may not have happened?

i thought he was granted a retroactive medical RS, and was a sophmore this season?

at least that was the talk, it may not have happened?

I have not heard that. I hope you are right though.

Need 2 of the WRs and 1 of the QBs to become very good to great.

SUFan44 said:
Hunt, Funderburk, Broyld

I don't mean today. As a class.

Yes.

For the 2015 season, we will have:

Vigille - RSr (assuming he gets his redshirt senior year)
Hodge - true JR
Perry- redshirt SO
Bennett - SO
Moskal - SO
Thomas - SO
Franklin - SO

That's 7 kids.

I think they take 1 or 2 LB's in the 2015 class.
Lots of youth here. Given all the WRs coming in/on campus now, including those who can see the field early, how about moving Broyld to LB in the spring? Estime has to be getting most of the snaps in the slot. Ish, KJ, Cooper have more downfield potential than AB, no? AB may balk at another position change, but tell him this is the way to the NFL (like Doug Hogue) -- turning his freak ability and aggression into wrecking QBs on blitz downs. Spot him around so it's not complicated -- straight line kill plays.

Lots of youth here. Given all the WRs coming in/on campus now, including those who can see the field early, how about moving Broyld to LB in the spring? Estime has to be getting most of the snaps in the slot. Ish, KJ, Cooper have more downfield potential than AB, no? AB may balk at another position change, but tell him this is the way to the NFL (like Doug Hogue) -- turning his freak ability and aggression into wrecking QBs on blitz downs. Spot him around so it's not complicated -- straight line kill plays.

Broyld is not moving. He will be a starter for the next 2 years at WR.

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU6 mins
shafer on wideouts: 'we'll never know until we get them to camp and throw the ball up to them. it'll be great competition.'

Broyld doesn't seem so like contact so I don't think he would transition to LB very well.

Broyld doesn't seem so like contact so I don't think he would transition to LB very well.

One of the reasons. It's more about keeping him at the same position. He needs to continue to learn the playbook at WR, along with continuing to understand the mechanics of route-running and pass-catching. Those are the important things for AB right now.

He has the ability and potential to be a very good H-back. We all saw signs of that last year.

I think Broyld needs to step up his game next year. Kid has been all hat no cattle since he's been here and people here still rave about him!!!

I think Broyld needs to step up his game next year. Kid has been all hat no cattle since he's been here and people here still rave about him!!!

He was pretty darn good last year at a position he's never played before. He got doubled a lot of plays since no one else got open. On top of that, our blocking on screens was atrocious most of the time, as well as how bad the offense showed their trump card to the D. Give him a chance to actually move in the open field and I think he can be a huge asset for us. I thought he did a good job last year.

I thought arcinieaga was a 3 to play 3 kid because of a medical redshirt.