how about those assistant coaches? | Syracusefan.com

how about those assistant coaches?

VeryCuse

Walk On
Just ended up watching the last part of the 2nd half of Wed. Pittsburgh game. We talk a lot about individual players rising up to the occasion each game. And, of course, JB's steady influence. But how about the interaction the team must be having with all of the assistant coaches, all of whom played on great teams under the same head coach? just saw so many little things during the time outs. This is a tight knit group because of so many reasons. The asst. coaches make things so relevant for this team. Just a shout out to them, too. For those of you who are local, I love when Hop does those one on one interviews with a different player each week on one of the local sports shows. You can tell how much he is invested in them individually. Still having a basketball hangover from last night, I guess!

Are the two sitting next to JB on the bench during games the team statisticians? I have always wondered who they were. At first I thought it was grad assistants to show them the ropes but they are always giving JB info during the game.

GFTakedown said:
Are the two sitting next to JB on the bench during games the team statisticians? I have always wondered who they were. At first I thought it was grad assistants to show them the ropes but they are always giving JB info during the game.

Yes they do stats.

Is JB the only head coach that has stat guys next him while coaching?

Truthfully I never pay attention to it. Fine used to do it.

One of them is Kip Wellman, the director or basketball operations; the other is one of the managers. Nick Resavy, the grad assistant, does not generally sit next to JB.

Truthfully I never pay attention to it. Fine used to do it.

JB needs to write a book(aka Moneyball)on building a team to meet your philosophy of coaching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom