How bout a little love for Austin Wilson? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How bout a little love for Austin Wilson?

Say what you will, but IMO Nassib is the best QB to come through the program in the post-McNabb era. Before this season is over he will own most SU passing records.
I AGREE AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE

Say what you will, but IMO Nassib is the best QB to come through the program in the post-McNabb era. Before this season is over he will own most SU passing records.

If only he could complete a 20 yard pass.

threw for 219 yards and 3tds in his first game tonight vs. Waynesboro
I'm not going to take anything away from the kid, he looks really good throwing the ball, moved well in the pocket, and had great zip on the ball. He will face much stiffer competition then he did versus Waynesboro. To give you guys an idea it would be like Syracuse playing a D3 school. Like I said not taking anything away from, he did look great.

I'm not going to take anything away from the kid, he looks really good throwing the ball, moved well in the pocket, and had great zip on the ball. He will face much stiffer competition then he did versus Waynesboro. To give you guys an idea it would be like Syracuse playing a D3 school. Like I said not taking anything away from, he did look great.

Yeah but you did...

Yeah but you did...
I wasn't trying, just trying to let everyone know what type of team he played against. I have faith the kid will put up the same numbers all year long.

I really would have liked to have seen Hunt play in the spring game to judge how far he has come along but I have to admit these two high school qb's do make me feel a lot better/secure about SU'[s future at the position.

projecting high school stats for college success is about as stupid as it gets.

threw for 219 yards and 3tds in his first game tonight vs. Waynesboro

I was stoked that SU brought in Wilson since I am in the Harrisburg, PA area, and I love when guys from my area go to my favorite team.
However, I was surprised. As another stated, the level of competition he faces is not very good...not very good at all, and that will be the level he faces all year.

I realize that his stats for his first game are the 219 yards for 3 TD's, and that 2 of his touchdowns were 50+ yarders.....but I must point out that he was only 9 for 28 (32.1%).
I did not watch the game, so I don't know if there were dropped passes, patterns that were run incorrectly, or what happened. But 32.1% against poor competition.

Let's hope he improves from that, but I have to say that my excitement level for 'Cuse getting one of my local guys has dropped considerably.

Austin Wilson went 12-21 for 205yds, 2 TDs in a tough L last night

I hope Wilson is even more of a stud than I think Allen will be! Marrone wanted him for a reason and I'm pretty sure that reason had merits.. Can't wait to get this kid on campus and in a blue uni and orange helmet.

It seems SU fans are always excited about our QB recruits, but when they get to campus, we're always looking forward to the next round of QB recruits who we think we will be better. Looking forward to us getting some legit QBs in waiting that the fans can get excited about.

I think that Nassib's problem is not his inability to throw the long ball. He has a live arm and can deliver some passes on a rope. I think he is not always as accurate as he needs to be. I think a lot of his problem is that he does not have big play makers in his wide receivers. They are more possession type receivers. I think West is emerging as a receiver that can make the big play. They need a 4* type of receiver that can really stretch the defense and also a big play tight end. We really miss Provo this season.

It seems SU fans are always excited about our QB recruits, but when they get to campus, we're always looking forward to the next round of QB recruits who we think we will be better. Looking forward to us getting some legit QBs in waiting that the fans can get excited about.
But Zach Allen is the real deal. May need a year, but his talent has gone noticed nationally, which is more than we can say about any QB recruit of recent memory.

I think that Nassib's problem is not his inability to throw the long ball. He has a live arm and can deliver some passes on a rope. I think he is not always as accurate as he needs to be. I think a lot of his problem is that he does not have big play makers in his wide receivers. They are more possession type receivers. I think West is emerging as a receiver that can make the big play. They need a 4* type of receiver that can really stretch the defense and also a big play tight end. We really miss Provo this season.

Unfortunately that 4* has to sit out a year ... may have heard of him goes by the name Quentin Funderburk.

Alright he can hit a few passes over 20 yds.

He looks best on 20 ayrd passes over the middle. Not 30+ yard passes but the intermediate 15-25 yard pass. We should throw more of them.

It's easy to be optimistic about recruits but I have a feeling in a couple years we are going to have a QB who will make this offesne sing.

@McAllisterOnFox: Austin Wilson will not be graduating early to enroll in Syracuse for the spring semester. His school board rejected that option in a vote

@McAllisterOnFox: Austin Wilson will not be graduating early to enroll in Syracuse for the spring semester. His school board rejected that option in a vote
weak

What? How can a School Board do that if a kid has the credits and grades to graduate?

Fantastic, I'm really looking forward to the battle in the spring and fall for qb 1.

Fantastic, I'm really looking forward to the battle in the spring and fall for qb 1.

He will be a little behind as apparently his school isn't allowing him to graduate early.

He will be a little behind as apparently his school isn't allowing him to graduate early.

Yeah that stinks and will put him behind the 8 ball a bit but it sounds like he's eager to learn and will do whatever he has to get ready for the fall.

sounds like a lawsuit. If he has met the qualifications to graduate, he should be allowed to graduate. Me thinks some nefarious recruiting is going to take place while he is kept at home.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2