How 'Bout Some Justin Taylor Love? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

How 'Bout Some Justin Taylor Love?

He hesitates to pull the trigger on his shot. It happened a lot in the LSU games and in Maui. Can he not get his shot off quickly enough? He needs to work to develop a faster release and also a good shot fake. Joe got really good at shot faking and then allowing his defender to fly past him.
I think he paid attention to coach about making the extra pass. He doesnt put ball up nearly as fast as Bell does. Taylor also threw ball away at end of game 3 straight times. i was losing my mind

I think he paid attention to coach about making the extra pass. He doesnt put ball up nearly as fast as Bell does. Taylor also threw ball away at end of game 3 straight times. i was losing my mind
Agree 100%. JT did an excellent job of moving the ball an extra pass AND faking/misdirection with those passes. End result was 5 assists, which I am willing to bet were mostly threes. When he came out in the late end of the 1st half the ball stopped moving and we fell into our old ways AND lost the lead. It was noticeable. Great job playing an important role on the team.

Bell is improving overall and when his shot is on he is deadly. He needs to keep his head in the game when he is out there, he tends to drift, especially after making a shot.
Red was on him after every made shot vs LSU. Him admiring and chirping has led to easy leak out points.

I watched Virginia’s last few games. I want to see Taylor guard Dunn. Bell isn’t strong enough and Benny is Benny so JT needs to step up and slow Dunn down. He is their X factor.

Last edited:
Happy with Taylor’s rebounding; he’s much tougher than I thought last year. The shot mechanics- hate the placement of his left hand all the way on top of the ball. Slows the release and honestly I think the ends up more as a push with weird follow through.

Happy with Taylor’s rebounding; he’s much tougher than I thought last year. The shot mechanics- hate the placement of his left hand all the way on top of the ball. Slows the release and honestly I think the ends up more as a push with weird follow through.
Totally agree. I've also been really impressed with his toughness. Regardless of percentage with this form i don't he can be a good shooter and outside of Bell he is our best shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom