How did 25 SU players do after leaving | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How did 25 SU players do after leaving

Plus federal and state taxes. Financial advisor fees, 401k, union dues, etc

Money goes quick

Ever see Andrew McCutcheon paystub?

View attachment 167395

401K isn't your money? News to me. I doubt everyone has their own financial advisor.

Also NBA players get a pension after 3 years for 57K a year. What other industry can say that?

This gets stupid with people here. 90 percent of this board doesn't make what these guys make in their lifetime.

401K isn't your money? News to me. I doubt everyone has their own financial advisor.

Also NBA players get a pension after 3 years for 57K a year. What other industry can say that?

This gets stupid with people here. 90 percent of this board doesn't make what these guys make in their lifetime.
How about the cost of living in LA? San Fran / Oakland? NYC?

$500k base less taxes, fees, dues, etc doesn't mean you are on high street in a lot of professional franchise cities

How about the cost of living in LA? San Fran / Oakland? NYC?

$500k base less taxes, fees, dues, etc doesn't mean you are on high street in a lot of professional franchise cities

I’m not sure why I’m arguing with you because you obviously didn’t read the article I posted that showed the minimum well over 500k.

Plus federal and state taxes. Financial advisor fees, 401k, union dues, etc

Money goes quick

Ever see Andrew McCutcheon paystub?

View attachment 167395

You realize all you are doing is disproving your point.

His pay was $821K for the period, and he retained $427K of it. That's over 50%... not 20%. This is not even considering that many of those city and state taxes are recoverable on filing income tax returns.

Unless you play in TX, FL, or a no State income tax team you are losing 38% of all money you sign for.

Melo played in NYC so he paid the millionaires tax as well there. Rich people in NYC pay 12.7% on taxes.
So Melo only having “120 million” is not crazy.
The tax man, his advisors, property eat up your money.
When say property, do you mean literal real estate? If so, that would count toward net worth.

When say property, do you mean literal real estate? If so, that would count toward net worth.
Property taxes are expensive. Those property taxes are what fund school districts.

Property taxes are expensive. Those property taxes are what fund school districts.
Sure, but if owning property was a bigger expense than what it was worth, rich people wouldn't do it. And whatever property he owns still counts towards his net worth and that was what was in question. It's not like he would spend $15 million on a house and that would just go in a hole. The worth of the property is still counted as an asset, and most property appreciates in value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom