How did Pitt Capitalize? | Syracusefan.com

How did Pitt Capitalize?

javadoc

All American
After beating Clemson last year. Did their recruiting class show it? Did their program accrue the benefits? Can anyone looking at the Pitt program now tell the difference?

After beating Clemson last year. Did their recruiting class show it? Did their program accrue the benefits? Can anyone looking at the Pitt program now tell the difference?

It raised their profile significantly. They are getting a mulligan for being crappy this season due to the good will built up last year. The perception of Pitt is a good program that is down this year. Narduzzi has fielded to really bad defenses and he was a DC - and yet - he’s well regarded.

It raised their profile significantly. They are getting a mulligan for being crappy this season due to the good will built up last year. The perception of Pitt is a good program that is down this year. Narduzzi has fielded to really bad defenses and he was a DC - and yet - he’s well regarded.
Did they land prospects late that they weren't expected to get?

They don't have Dino coaching them.
DFB is definitely a distinguisher, sure. But I'm interested in what happens without a Him at the helm.

Beating Clemson won't bring in the recruits on its own. What it will do is show that this program is on the rise... I think we fall to Miami this week but it still doesn't change the fact that we can hang with anyone. Before? That wasn't the case.

A big season is coming... soon.

Yeah, that program really feels like it's on the decline, Clemson win or not.

In all fairness to Pitt, they lost a ton from last year. They had 5 players taken in the NFL draft and lost their OC.

They aren't FSU or Bama where they easily replace that production, especially at the QB position. I wouldn't say they are headed to the dumpster by any means, it's a program much like SU that can't replace talent year after year.

In all fairness to Pitt, they lost a ton from last year. They had 5 players taken in the NFL draft and lost their OC.

They aren't FSU or Bama where they easily replace that production, especially at the QB position. I wouldn't say they are headed to the dumpster by any means, it's a program much like SU that can't replace talent year after year.

I agree with that. I don’t think they are as harmed by this season as we’d have been. Narduzzi has built up some capital with the media and fans. Next season is the one that hurts if they don’t recover.

Seems like Narduzzi inherited a lot of the best offensive talent from Paul Chryst, who moved on to serve as head coach of currently-undefeated Wisconsin.
In the next couple years we should be able to see if Narduzzi can get Pitt back on the road to winning. Losing Matt Canada must have hurt.

That's what I like even better, SU has a lot of players coming back and Pitt did it with a loaded senior class.

Beating Clemson won't bring in the recruits on its own. What it will do is show that this program is on the rise... I think we fall to Miami this week but it still doesn't change the fact that we can hang with anyone. Before? That wasn't the case.

A big season is coming... soon.
Dino was asked how it affects recruiting, scale of 1 to 10, and he said a solid 9, at least. I am curious how much he attributes to solidifying current commits vs opening new possibilities.

It is definitely going to be interesting to see how the cards re shuffle in the league. I would argue that our resurgence is and will be bad news for Pitt, BC and Wake. Maybe even Louisville too. Depending on how the schedule works out, if UVA stays on a positive track and the likelihood UNC rebounds as expected- it certainly puts more pressure on Pitt/BC/Wake to be consistently good. Also it really stings for them that Ped St is rolling too.

It is definitely going to be interesting to see how the cards re shuffle in the league. I would argue that our resurgence is and will be bad news for Pitt, BC and Wake. Maybe even Louisville too. Depending on how the schedule works out, if UVA stays on a positive track and the likelihood UNC rebounds as expected- it certainly puts more pressure on Pitt/BC/Wake to be consistently good. Also it really stings for them that Ped St is rolling too.

What seems to be happening is that there ain't an easy win anywhere in this conference other than UNC (a bit easier) due to their injuries. BC fought hard with ND and Clemson and Wake is pretty physical.

Along those lines...has the volume on this board increased % wise?

So basically....occasionally great will take a back seat to constantly good.