How do they get Sean Tucker more involved? | Syracusefan.com

How do they get Sean Tucker more involved?

swish7

All Conference
Haven't posted in a very long time, but had to hop on to ask, what can they do to get Sean Tucker more involved?

Obviously, he is drawing a lot of attention, and that is helping others and the team be successful.

However, he needs to eat too. Its got to be frustrating to mostly be a decoy. Anyway, he seemed a little frustrated.
  • Most every run is right up the gut, with that slow, exposed handoff, so everyone knows exactly where he is going. Where are the counter plays?
  • It seems like he and Shrader are not completely in synch. Underthrown ball, and at another time, he was open on a swing pass, but Shrader seemed locked in to a receiver on the left side (which did result in a + play). Yes, it can be hard throwing to a shorter person.
  • Also thought it strange that we open with him splitting wide. Why? Its the uber 'here's our decoy' message. Gotcha, he is not where you expected, is he?
  • And not even being in on the last drive before the half.
  • By the end, he was simply a non-factor.

So, what do we do to get him involved?

Do we wait until teams stop keying on him, or what?

Welcome back. Purdue's DL got the best of our OL which makes it hard for Sean to be productive. They are using him more as a receiver to get him touches but that didn't work out so well this past week. I don't know what else they can do, but I would like to see more pitch outs to him.

Haven't posted in a very long time, but had to hop on to ask, what can they do to get Sean Tucker more involved?

Obviously, he is drawing a lot of attention, and that is helping others and the team be successful.

However, he needs to eat too. Its got to be frustrating to mostly be a decoy. Anyway, he seemed a little frustrated.
  • Most every run is right up the gut, with that slow, exposed handoff, so everyone knows exactly where he is going. Where are the counter plays?
  • It seems like he and Shrader are not completely in synch. Underthrown ball, and at another time, he was open on a swing pass, but Shrader seemed locked in to a receiver on the left side (which did result in a + play). Yes, it can be hard throwing to a shorter person.
  • Also thought it strange that we open with him splitting wide. Why? Its the uber 'here's our decoy' message. Gotcha, he is not where you expected, is he?

welcome back Swish. Always a good poster in the way back years.

I think Tucker needs to be put into space with some toss plays into the flat. I think Anae was trying to do that a bit more. The line wasn't getting a good push on the designed rb runs. I think all this stuff will get sorted out as season goes on though.

Welcome back. Purdue's DL got the best of our OL which makes it hard for Sean to be productive. They are using him more as a receiver to get him touches but that didn't work out so well this past week. I don't know what else they can do, but I would like to see more pitch outs to him.
Speaking of which if Tucker had handled that one pitch and had not looked upfield and dropped the pitch, he may still be running. Lots of daylight on that play. In the 4th qtr he also was 3 strides ahead of the LB on the wheel route. If Garrett doesn't under throw that ball he is in the endzone. So 2 big plays left on the table. That said we do need to see him get some big rushes against Virginia Friday.

Welcome back!

Losing Rhino had hurt him. And teams are clearly selling out to stop him. That was a very physical defense from Purdue, so I would expect him to put up some numbers at some point soon.

I’m not concerned. Yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom