How do we feel about our DC...go | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How do we feel about our DC...go

I truly think he realizes we dont have true corners to play tight man. We also dont pressure well so that may be his thinking.
This. Our secondary is awful. We need as many guys in coverage as we can get. Factor in we can't get home with five rushers...why bother. Put 8 in coverage.

He likes to rush three… but it also works a lot. I’ve seen more opposing qbs forced to scramble because of coverage than the last 10 years combined.

He likes to rush three… but it also works a lot. I’ve seen more opposing qbs forced to scramble because of coverage than the last 10 years combined.
I mean we are basically daring the opposing QB to throw to beat us. We are playing to make these guys throwers, and so far most of these guys haven’t been able to beat us.

I wish we would rush contain better though, keep these guys who are dying to run / get out pf the pocket inside it where they are less comfortable.

that said if we are going to drop 8, there is zero excuse not to shade multiple defenders towards an opponents superstar. We nearly let Ricky White beat us by himself tonight

We have C+ level corners. Safeties who mess up and no pressure from the DE

We either need to commit to send 5-6 or play soft zone.

it doesn't help every QB we see can run while ours cant.

Yes. We don’t have enough talent. There are flashes but there are one on one situations where our guys lose way too often.

Incredible, some people can’t enjoy a heart stopping awesome road win for 20 minutes . Away vs a top 25 team. mind boggling!

We got a bit lucky. Been a long time since I’ve been this happy with SU Sports and I’m ecstatic, but unless you have a dominant win, need to be realistic about what happened. That being said…it really was awesome, wasn’t it? Been trained to think we’d lose…amazing. It was incredible to win.

I'm still up because I'm a borderline vagrant...However, going forward, we need to be larger on the Defensive Line...Jobity is being asked to play the 3 Technique even though last year, he was an outstanding edge rusher...He looks chubbier than he was last year and less explosive...If I'm HCFB and Elijiah, I would be hitting up JC colleges in the Midwest for big beefy Defensive tackles...

.#91 for UNLV caught my eye a bunch of times not because he was making a lot of tackles, but because he was pushing our Interior OL around a lot...He's from a JC in Oklahoma. 6'2'' 300 pounds...I've noticed since Darton moved on, we do not control the line of scrimmage on the DL, and we continually get gashed for 5-6 yards at a time...Darton was like 5'9'' 280 pounds, but he had a wrestling background...They should be hitting up JC's in midwest and south looking for big 3 techniques. SEC teams have like 3-4 of these Bubba's who require double teams while LB's make plays etc.

it’s a schematic mess. He better land a bunch of 4 stars because the coaching. Is awful.
I don’t know enough to make a scheme assessment. Did see a few situations where our guys just weren’t talented enough to make plays. What’s the scheme issue? Asking because I’m not smart enough to know, not to disagree.

I don’t know enough to make a scheme assessment. Did see a few situations where our guys just weren’t talented enough to make plays. What’s the scheme issue? Asking because I’m not smart enough to know, not to disagree.
It's year 1 of the Brown era, so you have to give him some slack. The DC came from Texas A&M where they had more talent than Syracuse (and played against better players), but you have to scheme differently at Syracuse when you don't have high level talent at every position. The DC seems to think that his DBs are not a strength of the defense, so he has to make up for it by rushing only 3 to increase the number of guys in coverage. I would like to see some disguised blitzes to mix things up. Fortunately, it is easier to recruit HS DBs and get experienced DBs through the portal.

it’s a schematic mess. He better land a bunch of 4 stars because the coaching. Is awful.
Feel like if we had Scott shafer back w his mad cap blitzing we would be amazing

I cut some slack because you can become a better coach w experience. Hard to become a better recruiter

Syracuse has had an inventory issue last 20 years. If the talent is there the scheming becomes less noticeable

Rush 1 rush 10 at this point I just want them to tackle. I don’t know enough about Erob to say he can’t coach he may be coaching based on what he has instead of what he wants. But the arm tackling and over pursuit may also be a talent thing and not a coaching thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom