How do you pronounce tournament? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How do you pronounce tournament?

53C0D5E1-76C2-4E3C-94AB-F75B8525F535.jpeg

This reminds me of dealing with all the Long Island kids at Oswego State. I blew their minds with my pronunciation of 'elementary school'.

Who knew pronouncing all of the letters in a word was so scandalous

Ternament is how you say it in Wisconsin.

I agree with you, but we also take a drink at the bubbler on the way to the TYME machine, so I am not sure how much stock I put into how Wisconsinites pronounce things. Of course, I am not sure anyone under the age 35 calls it a TYME machine anymore.

I agree with you, but we also take a drink at the bubbler on the way to the TYME machine, so I am not sure how much stock I put into how Wisconsinites pronounce things. Of course, I am not sure anyone under the age 35 calls it a TYME machine anymore.
What's a TYME machine?

Thats how i read #1. Or is one supposed to be pronounced differently, like tear vs tur. IDK, but is the country divided geographically, like Or-range vs R-range.
Holy crap, I never noticed it before, but some people definitely pronounce it R-range, that's ridiculous.

When you go to the tournament as infrequent as Clemson does it does matter how you pronounce it.

It's 'TOUR-na-ment'. Just like it's spelled, you heathens.

It's also 'SEAR-a-cuse' and 'ARE-inge', just so we're clear.

Ornge, not pronounced as two syllables. Any other way and you're likely a Russian collusion agent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom