How does alcohol affect your golf game? An investigation | Syracusefan.com

How does alcohol affect your golf game? An investigation

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba

As I watched my new, and inebriated, friend Chris top shot after shot on the range, it dawned on me I was watching the living embodiment of a proverb, one etched on pub walls across the world:

“Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.”

How does alcohol affect your golf game? For centuries, hackers have sought the answer. The prevailing notion is that one or two beverages serve as proper "swing oil," loosening the muscles and easing those first-tee apprehensions. Others posit three-to-four drinks do the trick, with a vocal minority claiming a six-pack is their Valhalla. (These folks might be called "alcoholics,” but who are we to judge?)

Lately, I find myself drinking less alcohol on course and smoking more cigars

Light buzz absolutely helps if you have case of the nerves. I know a 5 handicapper that has two beers before every first tee to take the edge. I have a couple before my club championship . It’s the only event I get nervous for. ( this Saturday and Sunday by the way)

A finer performance enhancer there is none

I have no nerves whatsoever because it’s boring and I don’t care. So I can’t say it helps me beyond making it more enjoyable for 5-6 holes. Once I hit that point I’m usually buzzed enough to where I don’t care at all about golfing anymore, completely lose focus, and really suck for the last 3 holes.

And yes, 9 is the max no matter what.

Light buzz absolutely helps if you have case of the nerves. I know a 5 handicapper that has two beers before every first tee to take the edge. I have a couple before my club championship . It’s the only event I get nervous for. ( this Saturday and Sunday by the way)

Good luck to you! :)

The shootout where everyone is watching is the only time I get nervous but the more you do it the less nervous you get. First shootout with guys ringed around the green in carts made me wilt.

Holes? Or beers?

Whichever comes first.

Generally I hate drinking on the golf course. It slows everythng down.. the cart coming at the stupidest times, people drinking instead of getting ready for their shot. If you drink don't slow the pace -- but most can't do that.

GET THE HELL OF MY LAWN!!

Generally I hate drinking on the golf course. It slows everythng down.. the cart coming at the stupidest times, people drinking instead of getting ready for their shot. If you drink don't slow the pace -- but most can't do that.

GET THE HELL OF MY LAWN!!
Those that I play with can, it’s not difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom