How does selection committee determine seed if we lare without an important player and lose? | Syracusefan.com

How does selection committee determine seed if we lare without an important player and lose?

Shermthegeneral

Starter
I was watching some show and they kept saying that okie state won't be penalized as much for games they lose without smart. If that's the case, couldn't we get a break for last nights game as well as any other loses if he can't play?

Well the only other game he missed was Maryland which he won. Honestly I don't think we'll get a break for last night.

The other question is, and I hope this is not an issue , is if grant sits a bit and we lose one or two more (I really hope I am wrong) how does the ncaa sees us going into the tournament with a starter potentially injured seed wise and how does that factor alone affect our seed? That's My main concern. We are obviously a different team without grant.

I was watching some show and they kept saying that okie state won't be penalized as much for games they lose without smart. If that's the case, couldn't we get a break for last nights game as well as any other loses if he can't play?

We lost by 19. Maybe it was closer than that - 10? 11? - but we shouldn't get a break at all.

Ok State also had a downward spiral prior to Smart's suspension. Beating the #5 team can do wonders for revisionist history.

The other question is, and I hope this is not an issue , is if grant sits a bit and we lose one or two more (I really hope I am wrong) how does the ncaa sees us going into the tournament with a starter potentially injured seed wise and how does that factor alone affect our seed? That's My main concern. We are obviously a different team without grant.
If we're battling for a 1 seed, we're not gonna get the benefit of the doubt because Grant's been injured. Especially if a team like Kansas keeps winning.

Its just a part of the game, injuries that is. Look at msu, they are more banged up than us. Embiids back looked worse at end of game last night than Grants. Injuries are just a normal part of the game. The Smart suspension is a slightly different issue imo

I agree that we likely won't get a break with the injury. Additionally, I think the final 10 game performance is going to hurt us in seedings as well. Is performance over the final ten games is still an evaluation criteria?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom