How Duke Beat the 2-3 Zone | Syracusefan.com

How Duke Beat the 2-3 Zone

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
I linked this in the daily articles but thought it deserved its own thread. Good article from the Duke perspective.

The other big adjustment Coach K made in the second half was focusing on hitting the offensive boards. I thought our defense wasn't bad in the second half and we were able to get a lot of stops but Duke was able to get offensive rebounds to extend possessions too many times.

Rebounding has been a big key for this Syracuse team. When we have it, we are hard to beat. When we don't...

Duke Finds An Unorthodox Blueprint To Beat The 2-3 Zone

Jack White didn’t play. Was banking on minutes from him.

Also Barrett on ft line was huge.

Those were the two
Biggest.

I linked this in the daily articles but thought it deserved its own thread. Good article from the Duke perspective.

The other big adjustment Coach K made in the second half was focusing on hitting the offensive boards. I thought our defense wasn't bad in the second half and we were able to get a lot of stops but Duke was able to get offensive rebounds to extend possessions too many times.

Rebounding has been a big key for this Syracuse team. When we have it, we are hard to beat. When we don't...

Duke Finds An Unorthodox Blueprint To Beat The 2-3 Zone
Yes, Jones made two big buckets at the start of the second half from the key that really hurt and cut into our lead.

That should not have destroyed our d the way it did.

Could he keep making them if we did not collapse on him and played square onto barrett (who was unstoppable regardless) and O'Connell (who should have been easily stoppable if we actually guarded him) ?

Point is that Jimmy made no further adjustments, at least none that this fan observed. He was out-coached plain and simple.

None of the above; however, accounts for how poor our second half rebounding was, it just looked like they wanted the game more than we did. Throw in some bad reffing and plenty of bad shooting and a winnable game became a double digit loss.

Good article but gotta say that Bilas picked up on this immediately in real time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom