How good are our freshman in rotation? | Syracusefan.com

How good are our freshman in rotation?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Thompson and Battle

Both have been playing very well.

What are expectations/realities etc?

Thompson reminds me of a split between Warrick and Fair

I saw Thompson live or the first time and he is extremely skilled. Little raw but a lot of upside. If that 15-foot jumper is for real he can be a legit weapon off the bench.

The greatest thing I recognized tonight is we are legit 9 deep. No real reaches all the way through Chukwu. This team has a possibility to have great depth and alot of offensive weapons.

As far as Battle he looks the part and the jumper was nice but I didn't get a strong one and done feeling from his game tonite. Small sample size but I think there is better than a 50% chance he is staying for Year 2. That would be the miracle scenario to quell the angst of Calipari methodically ruining a big chunk of our 2017 freshman class.

I'm excited for the 2016 Orange. Oodles of talent.

Last edited:
From the little I got to see tonight, TT's jumper looks smooth, he is better than I expected.

It was a dumb shot, but if Thompson hit that pull up from just under the perimeter in the second I would've gone nuts.

Even if you're only half-right, it couldn't possibly be a bad thing. Two of my all time favorites right there. :)

Thompson played some terrible defense tonight...Jimmy was not happy during the press conference

That'll get cleaned up. He's so talented. We are lucky he came here. He would start for Michigan State. They have zero bigs.
Don't get me wrong, I love the kid as much as anybody. We're gonna need him next year no doubt. Just thought it was interesting how upset Boeheim was because I'm more of a ball watcher, don't notice stuff like "defense"...whatever that is

As far as Battle he looks the part and the jumper was nice but I didn't get a strong one and done feeling from his game tonite. Small sample size but I think there is better than a 50% chance he is staying for Year 2. That would be the miracle scenario to quell.
Playing time might make it tough for him to display his full talents Lot of talent around him might make putting up big numbers a little more difficult

Thompson and Battle

Both have been playing very well.

What are expectations/realities etc?

Battle is what I thought he would be. A solid contributor for us this year.

So far TT has blown my expectations away. He looks fantastic on O.

From the little I got to see tonight, TT's jumper looks smooth, he is better than I expected.

Have we ever had a big that was so smooth as a freshman?

I guess you could make the argument Lydon as a big last year.

As far as Battle he looks the part and the jumper was nice but I didn't get a strong one and done feeling from his game tonite. Small sample size but I think there is better than a 50% chance he is staying for Year 2. That would be the miracle scenario to quell the angst of Calipari methodically ruining a big chunk of our 2017 freshman class.

We really could use Battle next year especially after losing Preston and (probable/possible) Quade.

1. Chukwu
2. Moyer
3. TT
4. Frank

Maybes
1. Battle
2. Lydon

oh god that football game hurt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member