How good are you feeling about the Miami game? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How good are you feeling about the Miami game?

If SU loses to Miami, the one guy I don't want to be responsible for the win for Miami is Vasiljevic. I looked at Miami's games against teams that I consider to be the defensive elite in the ACC -- Duke, NC, ND, UVA, Louisville -- and he did almost nothing against them. Against SU, 6-12 all from beyond the 3-point line. No rebounds. No assists. How hard is it to defend a guy when he can do only one thing -- shoot from long distance? Come on Syracuse. Get in his face. Know where he is when he is in the game.

Why do you think supposed "no-name" shooters have big days against us? Hint: it isn't a coincidence despite what so many here seem to think. If you are not overly athletic and don't contribute much else outside of open shots, you love seeing a zone. Why? Quite obvious... you don't have the task of losing a more athletic player who is attached to your shots.

Now, that doesn't mean we should not make it a priority to identify him on the floor, but it's much easier to lose a shooter in zone than in man, assuming that player is moving well. Does Spike Albrecht make those 2 threes against us with MCW guarding him?

The moral of the story- do your best to identify those who are only out there to shoot.

Yup. It is amazing that we still have a solid chance to make the NCAAs, given how poorly we started the season. But we've left ourselves ZERO margin for error. Need a win.

I agree. Strangly we've seemed to play better with our backs to the wall so I hope the team views this as a must win to get in game.

As the pro wrestler Goldberg might have said back in the day, "Miami: you're next!"

Not just back in the day...Goldberg was on Raw last night.

Miami is solid defensively and on the glass. No clue how we were so solid on the boards against them in January. They shoot at the same FG% as SU...45.7%. Like SU, they are not deep. They are last in the conference in assist-to-turnover ratio. Newton has really struggled since coming back off his suspension.

Last edited:
tumblr_morqmcKh6p1qakh43o2_250.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom