How good can Dyshawn Davis be? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How good can Dyshawn Davis be?

Lynch-Spruill-Davis. IMO this should be our LB corp for the next two years. Crazy athletic and physical. Undersized, but extremely fast and all have a nose for the football. Next year, I think they could be better than the 2010 LBs.

Dan Vaughn had a really solid season as a starter last year, and was one of the team's leading tacklers. That he might be our fourth best LB this year is a sign that recruiting is doing it's job, and our depth chart is trending in the right direction.

No disrespect to Vaughn, either--like I said, the kid had a very solid year and was highly productive. He just seems a half-step slow compared to the others. If Lynch starts over him this year, that says a lot about Lynch, given that Vaughn was productive.

Dan Vaughn had a really solid season as a starter last year, and was one of the team's leading tacklers. That he might be our fourth best LB this year is a sign that recruiting is doing it's job, and our depth chart is trending in the right direction.

No disrespect to Vaughn, either--like I said, the kid had a very solid year and was highly productive. He just seems a half-step slow compared to the others. If Lynch starts over him this year, that says a lot about Lynch, given that Vaughn was productive.

Yeah, I feel that way about Vaughan too but got blasted for posting that sentiment last year. But I agree -- nice player but if your program is where it aims to be he's more of a depth guy/special teamer. There is nothing wrong with that -- you need those guys. But I agree, if Lynch really comes along as does Davis and Spruill is a bit healthier/more consistent in the middle, this is an exciting group.

Yeah, I feel that way about Vaughan too but got blasted for posting that sentiment last year. But I agree -- nice player but if your program is where it aims to be he's more of a depth guy/special teamer. There is nothing wrong with that -- you need those guys. But I agree, if Lynch really comes along as does Davis and Spruill is a bit healthier/more consistent in the middle, this is an exciting group.

Put me in the "I need to see it first" camp. These guys are all athletic enough to make plays, but they are all too undersized to be consistently good play makers at the positions they are playing, IMO. As a unit, they were not very good last year.

Perhaps with more size and depth on the DL, and with a year of experience to build on, they will be as good as some of you are suggesting. I'm not so sure...yet.

DD's monster hit on that RU's Jawan Jamison is still fresh in my mind. I think if he can add a few pounds, he could really excel this year seeing has another year under his belt.

arm tackling or wrapping up you mean...big difference here

I don't know how to define it. As long as he attempts to drag a player down as opposed to knock him over.

If he starts using his arms to tackle players instead of his shoulders to knock them over, he will be much improved.

This 100%, Davis is kind of the epitomy of what we have seen with some of Marrones young recruits, tons of potential and athleticisim but inconsistent. He was all world in the Rutgers game but got abused badly in the UConn game, needs to be more consistent and as others have noted has a tendency to get out of position to often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom