How hobbled do we think | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How hobbled do we think

Based on ???? Syracuse has a highly ranked defense, why would he be so much better against us. Just curious.
I think that’s just his thing, I’ve seen him post similarly in several threads

Hes going to play and probably be ok. Kids a warrior. If we play our game and dont let them beat us with play action we will be ok. Keep him in the center or force him to one side. Dont give him the edge.

I don’t know if it’s my “thing” but I will say in 40 years of watching, when we expect to have and advantage due to injury or the fact the “backup” has to start it certainly feels like it never works out in our favor.
I hear ya, back ups have certainly had career days against us. But keep in mind, a lot of those years we had some pretty bad football teams. This squads going to change that!

I don’t know if it’s my “thing” but I will say in 40 years of watching, when we expect to have and advantage due to injury or the fact the “backup” has to start it certainly feels like it never works out in our favor.
This. And, I’m concerned about playing after a bye. Seems like we always come out flat

It’s selective perception. Every fan base thinks this. They also all think their teams “play to the level of the competition.”

I watched most of the Clemson-Louisville game. LC made Clemson's D look silly on several big plays. Disheartened that their WRs also seemed to make catches that ours could only dream of. I came away wondering how they lost 5 games.

LC was slightly less effective running after the injury, primarily on cutbacks. But it still took all of Clemson's speed to force him to have to change direction.

I watched most of the Clemson-Louisville game. LC made Clemson's D look silly on several big plays. Disheartened that their WRs also seemed to make catches that ours could only dream of. I came away wondering how they lost 5 games.

LC was slightly less effective running after the injury, primarily on cutbacks. But it still took all of Clemson's speed to force him to have to change direction.

Agreed they look better than a five loss team. I thought the same particularly the wide receivers. They looked better than anything we put on the field. Big kids who made a couple of ridiculous catches. I hate this matchup for us and I don’t get the chatter this is a bad team. Too much scoreboard watching not enough game watching. I was impressed with their defense to, good athletes flying all over the place.

I thought the same particularly the wide receivers. They looked better than anything we put on the field. Big kids who made a couple of ridiculous catches. I hate this matchup for us and I don’t get the chatter this is a bad team. Too much scoreboard watching not enough game watching. I was impressed with their defense to, good athletes flying all over the place.

The last two years, they've looked light years ahead of us athletically.

We will have closed the gap this year, but I'll take any advantage we can get with Cunningham's ankle.

They will move the ball, just need to keep them out of the end zone.

I hope our QB is 100%, he didn't seem so against BC.

Can we hire John Chaney as a defensive assistant just for this one game? I don't think we can win unless Cunnilingham's ankle starts bothering him significantly.

Based on ???? Syracuse has a highly ranked defense, why would he be so much better against us. Just curious.

Seriously, it’s not all doom and gloom. I’m hopeful, but I feel like we’ve lost this game before.

It was sarcasm
Ahh , sometimes it here is a fine line between sarcasm and trolling . Each year is a different year, this defense is clearly better then we have had in a while. They won’t shut Cunningham down, no way, turn some red zone trips into fgs and we’re good..

Agreed they look better than a five loss team. I thought the same particularly the wide receivers. They looked better than anything we put on the field. Big kids who made a couple of ridiculous catches. I hate this matchup for us and I don’t get the chatter this is a bad team. Too much scoreboard watching not enough game watching. I was impressed with their defense to, good athletes flying all over the place.
They are a very bad match up.
They have a good Oline, big receiver corp.
One of the best Ds in the ACC against the run. Top 10 QB in D1. Horrible match up.

One of the best Ds in the ACC against the run. Top 10 QB in D1. Horrible match up.
So, why isn't their record better. They must have some warts.

Edit: they've had a decently tough schedule. If we played Ole Miss instead of liberty, we would be 4-5.

And yet…the spread is less than 3. The game will likely come down to TOs

Dont get me wrong we can win but we need to play well. No missed opportunities like the 3 blown games.
No turnovers and i hope Williams leg, groin, hip, and head are on point. Field position is going to be key

Syracuseism, nice

Ahh , sometimes it here is a fine line between sarcasm and trolling . Each year is a different year, this defense is clearly better then we have had in a while. They won’t shut Cunningham down, no way, turn some red zone trips into fgs and we’re good..
also a reverse jinx.

The D should go all VT on that ankle.

kurt_angle tapping wwf.gif

I’m confident our D can contain him, I expect this to be a close game but definitely winnable. I just hope we don’t let them get off to a quick start.

And you can’t tell me that QB is close to 100%.
Not a chance. As tomcat noted they shot him up (a very bad thing to do btw, back to North Dallas 40 style!), so he played hopped up on meds, with adrenaline flowing in the middle of a game.

All that wears off A day or two after so he’s going to be hurting at least somewhat and hurting all week no matter what they give him or shoot him up with, that will affect his lateral motion and cutting ability so he will not be the same player against this weekend.

Don’t get me wrong, he still will be better than most, but if We contain him like I’m confident we can, we win this thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom