how i really feel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

how i really feel

ha

• Poll choice...

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
funny thing how you get NBA TV all winter, but your internet was out throughout the entire the 34-3 season
i am in skaneatelea now. the florisa problem was comcast vs the condo asso.

LeBron against Elgin Baylor in his prime would have been very interesting.
how old are you? baylor was my favorite player, but at best six five. people loved him because he could dunk. these 3 are all different but are tall for their skills. don;t be fooled by carmelo. he plays old man bball, but is really athletic. they also are really smart players. against texas and kansas melo knew what he needed to. he owned the defensive backboards in the last 5 min. gunnar i need you help

Melo just seems so motivated during Olympic team play. Meanwhile, during the NBA regular season...many games turn into "shoot and pout" sessions when his offense isn't rolling.[/qy g uote]
hes moyivated by the better talent. in ny if his shot, amare or j r smith think its their turn. here get open and you get the ball,

Well Lebron is better than all of those. 1/3 aint bad.

The criteria is "they can shoot, create, make the correct passes, and defend".

Throw Lebron in with the players I listed as part of a team and he's probably not your 1st choice in any of those catagories yet. Bron can still get better though (scary thought) and it's hard to make such comparisons before his career is over.

Bird is shooting your big shot every time, Dr J. Wilkins and Baylor can create, pass... Bird can do that but Bron might be your guy there, and defending you gotta go with Pippen or Havlicek.

One on one would be a different story but as stated Worthy, Bird or even Magic vs LeBron would be would seeing.

Tough to make "of all time" comparos when some of the guys careers are not yet over though.

It takes time for NBA coaches to undo the damage done by playing for JB. Carmelo apparently needed 9 years in the NBA to correct the bad habits he picked up in one year at SU. I suppose if you play two years for JB you're totally f*cked.
spot on jb should be jailed for ruining john wallaa crime.

The criteria is "they can shoot, create, make the correct passes, and defend".

Throw Lebron in with the players I listed as part of a team and he's probably not your 1st choice in any of those catagories yet. Bron can still get better though (scary thought) and it's hard to make such comparisons before his career is over.

Bird is shooting your big shot every time, Dr J. Wilkins and Baylor can create, pass... Bird can do that but Bron might be your guy there, and defending you gotta go with Pippen or Havlicek.

One on one would be a different story but as stated Worthy, Bird or even Magic vs LeBron would be would seeing.

Tough to make "of all time" comparos when some of the guys careers are not yet over though.

We haven't had a Lebron thread in a while so let's continue.

Lebron is the best at all those things except jump shooting. His passing out of a double team is absolutely ridiculous. He's the best perimeter defender in the league and top 5 down low. None of those guys can compare to the whole package he brings.

how old are you? baylor was my favorite player, but at best six five. people loved him because he could dunk. these 3 are all different but are tall for their skills. don;t be fooled by carmelo. he plays old man bball, but is really athletic. they also are really smart players. against texas and kansas melo knew what he needed to. he owned the defensive backboards in the last 5 min. gunnar i need you help
At least as old as you Igor. Baylor was one of my favorites, but didn't like him very much after he tore apart K-State in the NCAA back in the day. He was only 6'5", but inch for inch I'm not sure there was ever anyone better.

THR HEAT WON BECAUSE DETERMINED IT WAS FINANCIALLY best for that outcome disney owns abc which owns espn who controls sports and you morons that know nothing

Right. And the NBA fixed the draft so Anthony Davis would go to New Orleans.

44cuse

We haven't had a Lebron thread in a while so let's continue.

Lebron is the best at all those things except jump shooting. His passing out of a double team is absolutely ridiculous. He's the best perimeter defender in the league and top 5 down low. None of those guys can compare to the whole package he brings.

LeBron is a freak athlete for his size which makes him hard to compare. He's also the best of right now so it's right in your face vs having to look to see the other guys play. In terms of basketball skill alone look at the stats and it's not cut and dry that "None of those guys can compare to the whole package he brings". Take out the names, which letter here would you pick as the overwhelming superior to the other 4? You'd be hard pressed to pick any. Tough to compare a few of the older guys when not all stats were kept.

A) 28.7 ppg 52% FG 43% 3pt 88% FT 10.5 RPG 6.6 APG 1.6 SPG 1.2 BPG
B) 30.7 ppg 46% FG 29% 3pt 83% FT 6.4 RPG 2.9 APG 1.3 SPG 0.6 BPG
C) 27.1 ppg 53% FG 36% 3pt 77% FT 7.9 RPG 6.2 APG 1.9 SPG 0.8 BPG
D) 22.0 ppg 49% FG 32% 3pt 66% FT 8.7 RPG 5.6 APG 2.9 SPG 0.8 BPG
E) 26.9 ppg 52% FG 20% 3pt 79% FT 7.4 RPG 4.6 APG 2.2 SPG 1.2 BPG

The fun part will be seeing the next 3 years of LeBron though since historically most players peak from 28-30 years old and Bron is 27 right now.

The advance stats tell a different story

A) 23.5 PER, .564 TS%, .514 eFG%, 14.5 TRB%, 24.7 AST%, 26.5 USG%, .203 WS/48
B) 23.6 PER, .558 TS%, .509 eFG%, 11.9 TRB%, 17.7 AST%, 27.2 USG%, .192 WS/48
C) 17.5 PER, .492 TS%, .439 eFG%, 7.4 TRB%, 19.5 AST%, 21.3 USG%, .136 WS/48
D) 18.6 PER, .536 TS%, .504 eFG%, 10.6 TRB%, 23.1 AST%, 22.5 USG%, .146 WS/48
E) 27.2 PER, .569 TS%, .516 eFG%, 10.5 TRB%, 34.1 AST%, 31.8 USG%, .233 WS/48

And you're right about him still peaking.

"i think sometimes with melo and defense, it is as much want to as it is can do.
Isn't that the case with most NBA players. The stars anyways. If they aren't dirt dumb, they should have the quickness and be athletic enough to defend at least well if not be superior at it. Yeah, some could have a special nack for defense but they all should be able to play it as long as they want to extend the energy to do so.

It takes time for NBA coaches to undo the damage done by playing for JB. Carmelo apparently needed 9 years in the NBA to correct the bad habits he picked up in one year at SU. I suppose if you play two years for JB you're totally f*cked.
I've always been amaze how good a coach JB is. I mean it only takes 1 year of his superior abilites to empress on players the incorrect way to play defense. Like you say 2 years totally ruins them. Heck, look at Wesley. He had 2 other college coaches but it is the defensive lazziness that JB empressed on him in 2 years that keeps him from being a good pro.

I've always been amaze how good a coach JB is. I mean it only takes 1 year of his superior abilites to empress on players the incorrect way to play defense. Like you say 2 years totally ruins them. Heck, look at Wesley. He had 2 other college coaches but it is the defensive lazziness that JB empressed on him in 2 years that keeps him from being a good pro.
^^^^^^^^^
:bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom