How important will this week's NBA combine be for Tyler Ennis, Jerami Grant and CJ Fair? | Syracusefan.com

How important will this week's NBA combine be for Tyler Ennis, Jerami Grant and CJ Fair?

It would seem to me it's the least important for Tyler. Everyone knows he's not that athletic so it won't surprise anyone if he tests low. It's probably most important for Grant since his draft status has been based on upside and athleticism. He needs to confirm the athleticism part. If CJ tests higher than expected, maybe he can move up a little.

sufandu said:
It would seem to me it's the least important for Tyler. Everyone knows he's not that athletic so it won't surprise anyone if he tests low. It's probably most important for Grant since his draft status has been based on upside and athleticism. He needs to confirm the athleticism part. If CJ tests higher than expected, maybe he can move up a little.

Ennis isn't participating.

two3zone said:

He's not participating in the basketball drills. But he is taking paper in the physical drills that tear for speed, jumping and athletic ability.

"Ennis has reportedly decided not to participate in the basketball drills ESPN will televise on Thursday and Friday. Often, potential top picks skip the drills on the advice of their agents. But there's still plenty for him to do in Chicago.

In addition to those drills, players will be measured and put through a series of tests that gauge speed, agility and jumping ability."

The speed, agility, and jumping ability all pertain to athleticism which is already perceived weakness. Hence, my comment.

"Parts of it matter, but not the parts broadcast on television, not the drills that the players run through. Let’s say, hypothetically, that Syracuse point guard Tyler Ennis goes out on Wednesday and surprises people with his vertical leap. It’s not going to impact his draft status much at all — teams have already scouted him in person and on tape, they already know his game."
NBA Draft Combine starts Wednesday in Chicago… but what does that mean?

Full_Rebar said:
Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball 3m NBA combine: Tyler Ennis' measurables. Height in shoes 6' 2.5'' Wingspan 6' 7.25'' Standing reach 8' 2'' Weight 181.5 So much for the too small for the NBA argument.
For me it's less about size and more about strength. Based on where he was this year he needs to be much stronger. His athleticism is fine

Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball 3m
NBA combine: Tyler Ennis' measurables. Height in shoes 6' 2.5'' Wingspan 6' 7.25'' Standing reach 8' 2'' Weight 181.5

So much for the too small for the NBA argument.

OttoMets was wrong (though the jury's out on the vertical leap). Where's that dish o' crow?

(I still think he's not going to have a long or successful NBA career, but perhaps we'd better hold onto that Dessert Crow just in case.)

OttoMets said:
OttoMets was wrong (though the jury's out on the vertical leap). Where's that dish o' crow? (I still think he's not going to have a long or successful NBA career, but perhaps we'd better hold onto that Dessert Crow just in case.)

He's only 6'1 without shoes.

o'sully33 said:
Good point, that'll come back to haunt him when the NBA passes that no sneakers allowed rule.

Not the point. But thanks for the info.

Freshman point guard Tyler Ennis, one of three potential Syracuse draft picks, hopes to make a good impression on and off the court.
"There's no team I wouldn't do an interview with or be interested in," said Ennis, who averaged 12.9 points and 5.5 assists last season. "It's a business. A team may not be picking where I'm going right now, (but) if I do a good interview with them and build a relationship I think that can only help me going forward

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...abazz-napier-tyler-ennis-zach-lavine/9136091/

He's only 6'1 without shoes.

Yeah, and that was around what I'd guessed, but I also claimed that his wingspan matched his height (so I was way off).