How is mcw a lottery pick? | Syracusefan.com

How is mcw a lottery pick?

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Ok I get he's a 6'6 pg and that's rare but so what? His handle is average at best, his jumper is comical, he's skinny, he can't handle pressure d. 1st rounder sure but his lottery stock has gotta be free falling.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Same question different day. Seems like people like to wish he leaves, but don't like the fact that it may be for the NBA.

Ok I get he's a 6'6 pg and that's rare but so what? His handle is average at best, his jumper is comical, he's skinny, he can't handle pressure d. 1st rounder sure but his lottery stock has gotta be free falling.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
You answered your own question

I asked him in the chat room - would you rather him leave for the NBA or keep sliding (ie playing poorly) and come back for another year?

Someone said it. He's the most overrated player in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks because he will be yet another Syracuse NBA failure which people use to shoot down our program, fairly or not.

This is a question I was asking since about the 2nd week of BE play and getting blasted here for. I don't think he will be a lottery pick. I think, if he hasn't already, he will be exposed in workouts and NBA camp he attends. Will he go or not? I think I want him to.

At this point, MCW has become vastly underrated by the people on this board. Not living up to your own unfair expectations of him doesn't make him overrated. He has some poor games, he has some decent games, and he has some great games that nobody thinks are good enough.

You answered your own question

theres a lot of 6-6 guys who can dribble in the open court but cant handle pressure d and can't shoot. none of them are lottery picks.

At this point, MCW has become vastly underrated by the people on this board. Not living up to your own unfair expectations of him doesn't make him overrated. He has some poor games, he has some decent games, and he has some great games that nobody thinks are good enough.

I think that is a fair statement, BUT he is a poor shooter (not just avg, poor), doesn't finish well around the rim, and has shown he is prone to mistakes with pressure. He isn't even the best player on our team. Not even close.

theres a lot of 6-6 guys who can dribble, cant handle pressure d and can't shoot. none of them are lottery picks.
But none of them are starting PG's for a top 25 Power 6 conference team.

I think that is a fair statement, BUT he is a poor shooter (not just avg, poor), doesn't finish well around the rim, and has shown he is prone to mistakes with pressure. He isn't even the best player on our team. Not even close.

He's not even the best pg in the conference.

It's ironic that we supposedly have a lottery pick, but you can't put the ball in his hands at the end of the game. Poor decision making, miss foul shots in big moments and a human turnover. What's the NBA coming to!!!!!

But none of them are starting PG's for a top 25 Power 6 conference team.
Are you serious? First, I'm not sure we are a top 25 team. Second, do you even watch the NBA? He will struggle to make a roster after his second year let alone get PT. I'm not piling on here, just saying what you can't seem to grasp.

All young PG's ( not named Kyrie Irving) make foolish mistakes. It's a learning process. You think Ennis isn't going to make dumb mistakes next year?

All young PG's ( not named Kyrie Irving) make foolish mistakes. It's a learning process. You think Ennis isn't going to make dumb mistakes next year?

Hopefully, not the same mistakes over and over again.

I could live with MCW's mistakes if I knew he wasn't going pro.

Really.

Who the hell is he gonna guard in the league? Steve Blake would destroy him.

And for the 100th time... he cannot go left. Every team plays him to go left and then jump and turn to pass. They attack the passing lanes. The bigs wait on him to pull up for an awkward, twisting right handed shot. You can't play point with one hand. And that is really tough to learn.

Nobody lets him go right. And he panics every time he drives left. The jury is out. Oh, and you can just back off and let him line drive a 3.

6'6? Big deal. Their are SF with better handle than him. And when he gets measured at 6'4, much could change.

I think he's a legit 6-6, but that's beside the point.

Who the hell is he gonna guard in the league? Steve Blake would destroy him.

And for the 100th time... he cannot go left. Every team plays him to go left and then jump and turn to pass. They attack the passing lanes. The bigs wait on him to pull up for an awkward, twisting right handed shot. You can't play point with one hand. And that is really tough to learn.

Nobody lets him go right. And he panics every time he drives left. The jury is out. Oh, and you can just back off and let him line drive a 3.

6'6? Big deal. Their are SF with better handle than him. And when he gets measured at 6'4, much could change.

Boom! You're right, though.

MCW may have not only moved out of the lottery, but could have totally bypassed the rest of the first round at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom