How long until someone complains | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How long until someone complains

Something is off with Coleman physically right now. When he's right, he can contribute. He had some nice games earlier, including in some of the losses when he was one of the few guys to show up.

I'm not writing Howard off either, as he'll be needed when Gillon is off. Not sure it's reasonable to expect Battle can go 40 minutes a night on that foot, either. And we all know an engaged Roberson won't show up every game and that Thompson is still figuring out how to play defense and stay on the court.

IMO, this still has to be an eight man team if it's to accomplish anything close to what most of us were expecting, even if only seven of those guys play on a given night. Tonight all five of those who played significant minutes played well on both ends of the court, but that won't happen very often.

I know it's not fair, but if DC and Howard play in the next game and we lose there may be groups with pitch forks outside of the dome waiting for them.

I'm not saying we don't need DC or Howard, but at this point with Lydon doing well at the 5 and me just preferring TT over DC I don't see why DC needs to see the floor. Sick of watching his high school bull in the china shop offensive moves. Howard, we need him for sure, Gillon can't play 40, but I've given up on Howard and while he could end up putting a couple of solid years up I'm just not going to bet on him. If he had a positive attitude and I saw more of his talent being shown I wouldn't give up, but there's nothing the kids done since he got here that made me think otherwise.

I know it's not fair, but if DC and Howard play in the next game and we lose there may be groups with pitch forks outside of the dome waiting for them.

I'm not saying we don't need DC or Howard, but at this point with Lydon doing well at the 5 and me just preferring TT over DC I don't see why DC needs to see the floor. Sick of watching his high school bull in the china shop offensive moves. Howard, we need him for sure, Gillon can't play 40, but I've given up on Howard and while he could end up putting a couple of solid years up I'm just not going to bet on him. If he had a positive attitude and I saw more of his talent being shown I wouldn't give up, but there's nothing the kids done since he got here that made me think otherwise.
I hear you, but you know what I'm saying. Tonight was a perfect storm of great play from five guys, with highly efficient offense, some good rebounding and the best zone we've seen out of this group, just as most of the losses were the perfect storm of all around bad play.

Haha how many posters would have literally fainted if you wrote this sentence at the beginning of the season.

People were fainting when we weren't #2 in the ACC predictions, I can't even imagine the 6-12 prediction.

Whatever gets us wins now...

I'm terrified about next year

Not going to lie, I am very disappointed in Howard. I loved his game last year, and thought he was ready to break out. Then the season started and he was drilling threes and we were blowing out our early schedule. We all know what happened next. The most disappointing thing is his attitude, I can deal with poor play but I can't deal with making himself the focal point of the team. It was obvious things were off with our team, we have too much talent to have the 6 losses we have, especially in the fashion that we got them.

This was my one lineup that I said we could win with - except I had Howard instead of Gillon. I was wrong on that one. Oh wellz...good to see him sitting on the bench looking miserable and barely clapping. Props to DC and Thompson for being engaged even whilst on the bench!

I think he's battling some knee pain, which doesn't help.
It's really a shame. He has worked and worked and worked. He would play until his knees turned to dust if Boeheim let him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom