How many commits might we get from this weekend? | Syracusefan.com

How many commits might we get from this weekend?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Three new guys - the two RBs and the DT. Plus the verbal we already have at RB.

Can we expect a commitment sometime soon? And if so, multiple imminent?

upload_2018-1-21_17-3-59.png

I think we add a DT and the RB from Mississippi.

We'll get anywhere from 0-3 commits from this weekend.

this week? probably 0. maybe 1.

altogether? probably 1. maybe 2.

Thats not as exciting as i was hoping for.

Any idea on who is leaning our way?

Great job everyone. I know...I just know you were all feeling optimistic...I sure was. This is what we get. Nothing. Feeling good? Nothing.

I agree.
Salahuddin was never going to decide before he took his visit to Pitt.
Howard is from Mississippi. That is the deep south. That can be awful culture shock.
Barber never Decommitted from USF.

not culture shock weather wise the last 3 weeks down there..
LOL...yeah I know. The southern snowmageddon is finally all melting away down here.
I was thinking strictly culture wise. The deep south is different from GA or the Carolinas.
Doesn't mean he doesn't commit. I just think he probably has a lot to think about.

I feel pretty good about Howard because of the way he talked about education (first in his family to go to college) and life after football and taking care of his mom. That's a huge selling point for us. What I don't know is if Dixon is qualified, if they can co-exist, or what the pecking order is.

Salahuddin, I said to let it play out after that top 5 tweet. We got the visit and I'm confident our coaches can close. This kid might get 250+ touches in his career. If you're an offensive player, do you want the ball in your hands or not.

Barber - no idea, but man, we really could use a defensive tackle or two.

I feel pretty good about Howard because of the way he talked about education (first in his family to go to college) and life after football and taking care of his mom. That's a huge selling point for us. What I don't know is if Dixon is qualified, if they can co-exist, or what the pecking order is.

Salahuddin, I said to let it play out after that top 5 tweet. We got the visit and I'm confident our coaches can close. This kid might get 250+ touches in his career. If you're an offensive player, do you want the ball in your hands or not.

Barber - no idea, but man, we really could use a defensive tackle or two.
Howard isn't a Dixon replacement. He is a replacement, but not for Dixon.

For a current verbal or a player soon to transfer/take his degree and go?

Lots of time between this past weekend and Feb signing date. Still plenty to be positive about and I have not read anywhere that we are no longer being considered by those that we are still after or who visited. Stay the course and let's see what happens.

that's interesting then. I'd consider Howard to be more in the mold of a thunder back than a lightning back. A kid that will play at 5-10 215. Jordan is lighter than Moe Neal. If Howard is both then he'd be a GREAT get.

Is Pierre walking?

that's interesting then. I'd consider Howard to be more in the mold of a thunder back than a lightning back. A kid that will play at 5-10 215. Jordan is lighter than Moe Neal. If Howard is both then he'd be a GREAT get.

Is Pierre walking?

People keep forgetting we had 3 RBs committed at one point. Howard could be the replacement for Hall and an upgrade over possible signing Shaw.

Is Pierre walking?

Why would you think Pierre would be leaving. Also Pierre is in one of the recent winter workout videos.