How many of you folks even realize that Johnny Football was arrested earlier this year. | Syracusefan.com

How many of you folks even realize that Johnny Football was arrested earlier this year.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Not sure how Syracuse would have handled this situation but it was no big deal when Manziel was arrested for very minor crimes. It obviously didn't affect his ability to start and become a big enough star to win Football's greatest award. http://espn.go.com/college-football...as-aggies-freshman-qb-johnny-manziel-arrested
Amazing how MCW was or wasn't apprehended/detained and it seems like a much bigger deal. No way this story should have seen the light of day in the newspaper or on the radio. I hope JAB really undresses the media in his next post-game press conference. People seriously need to learn their lessons.

It may have something to do with the fact he was the third string QB and it was during the off season when it happened. Great comparison though!

It may have something to do with the fact he was the third string QB and it was during the off season when it happened. Great comparison though!

WWSD (what would Syracuse do?)

Would they have even given Manziel a chance to play this year.

I got arrested in college for peeing against a building. I survived and now use that experience to hate the university of connecticut as much as i can.
Were you peeing out ""?

I got arrested in college for peeing against a building. I survived and now use that experience to hate the university of connecticut as much as i can.

did you have uromysitisis?

I always loved the Don Mattingly and Dale Berra story of them getting arrested for peeing in public. Donnie ing Baseball got arrested for peeing in public. No wonder the damn sportswriters have never voted him into the Hall of Fame. Hypocrites.

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/07/23/sports/yanks-charges-dropped.html

Do that near a school nowadays and it gets you on the predator list !

Not sure how Syracuse would have handled this situation but it was no big deal when Manziel was arrested for very minor crimes. It obviously didn't affect his ability to start and become a big enough star to win Football's greatest award. http://espn.go.com/college-football...as-aggies-freshman-qb-johnny-manziel-arrested
Amazing how MCW was or wasn't apprehended/detained and it seems like a much bigger deal. No way this story should have seen the light of day in the newspaper or on the radio. I hope JAB really undresses the media in his next post-game press conference. People seriously need to learn their lessons.

So...your 'lesson' is that if a more serious offense has occurred two thousand miles away, ours should be ignored. I hope you're not a parent.

That it seems like "a much bigger deal" here is because:
• MCW is the starting, star player on a #4 team.
• The team has 15 players, not 95.
• Manziel was a nobody — buried on the depth chart at the time. If this happened during this season, it would have been a "much bigger deal."

People seriously need to start learning what logic is and how to apply it. It's cool to be loyal to a program/school, but damn — why does that have to suspend objectivity and rational thought? You really needed to cherrypick something from someone else's police blotter to make you feel better about what's going on here?

Oh, and the other matter being bandied about on the forum — that it's just a pair of shoes or some clothes, and lots of people steal, etc... Thing is, most people 'cheat' or fudge on their taxes at dollar amounts far in excess of this alleged $160. That's not really the point. Shoplifting is an issue of pathology of thought. Unless this was some sort of fraternity dare, MCW might just have a significant problem. That's my concern. Not whether he was arrested or not. Not whether he is suspended for a couple of games.

I tried to weasel my way out it but after 20 beers it came out like "mmmmffllskkfmgtlzas"

I think the problem was that you had your weasel out.

So...your 'lesson' is that if a more serious offense has occurred two thousand miles away, ours should be ignored. I hope you're not a parent.

People seriously need to start learning what logic is and how to apply it. It's cool to be loyal to a program/school, but damn — why does that have to suspend objectivity and rational thought? You really needed to cherrypick something from someone else's police blotter to make you feel better about what's going on here?

Oh, and the other matter being bandied about on the forum — that it's just a pair of shoes or some clothes, and lots of people steal, etc... Thing is, most people 'cheat' or fudge on their taxes at dollar amounts far in excess of this alleged $160. That's not really the point. Shoplifting is an issue of pathology of thought. Unless this was some sort of fraternity dare, MCW might just have a significant problem. That's my concern. Not whether he was arrested or not. Not whether he is suspended for a couple of games.

First off I never said it was right when someone steals from another. It's the law that has made the crime a very low misdemeanor, just like Johnny Manziel's charges. That was the comparison. Personally, I believe that people that steal should face more serious charges, but that's an argument for another day.

However, MCW wasn't charged for any crime. We don't even know if he was there or not. You are saying he might have a significant problem. Right now the only thing we know for sure is that MCW is great at stealing...the basketball from the opposition. 2nd in the country this season.

My point was that it never should have been brought up in the newspaper or on the radio. It's all speculation. No facts and a lot of "no comments". So when you are giving out opinions regarding my parenting skills, please keep those to yourself. You're missing all of the facts and really trying to read between lines that aren't there.

Shoplifting is an issue of pathology of thought. Unless this was some sort of fraternity dare, MCW might just have a significant problem. That's my concern. Not whether he was arrested or not. Not whether he is suspended for a couple of games.

Remember, It's not a pathological problem if it happens at UConn, damn it! :p

First off I never said it was right when someone steals from another. It's the law that has made the crime a very low misdemeanor, just like Johnny Manziel's charges. That was the comparison. Personally, I believe that people that steal should face more serious charges, but that's an argument for another day.

However, MCW wasn't charged for any crime. We don't even know if he was there or not. You are saying he might have a significant problem. Right now the only thing we know for sure is that MCW is great at stealing...the basketball from the opposition. 2nd in the country this season.

My point was that it never should have been brought up in the newspaper or on the radio. It's all speculation. No facts and a lot of "no comments". So when you are giving out opinions regarding my parenting skills, please keep those to yourself. You're missing all of the facts and really trying to read between lines that aren't there.
Don't forget the picture. It may not be MCW as some people choose to think, but it's just another piece of circumstantial evidence that isn't in his favor. If nothing happened, he's having a bad day.

Don't forget the picture. It may not be MCW as some people choose to think, but it's just another piece of circumstantial evidence that isn't in his favor. If nothing happened, he's having a bad day.
I'm curious if anyone posted that picture on the newspaper or the radio station's website with MCW's name attached.

Not
sure it would be a good idea hanging out with Dale Berra.

That's what makes it so comical, they weren't hanging out with each other. The article says they were arrested in different instances. Apparently the Yankees just came to town and started peeing on everything!

Manziel was hardly a nobody. He's had hype since he enrolled in January of 2011. Fans were going nuts when he looked just as good as Tannehill as a true freshman. Not a huge deal, just wanna correct that minor detail in some of your stories. It was an open race for the QB position, and following the arrest he was dropped to 3rd on the depth chart.

As you were.

You really needed to cherrypick something from someone else's police blotter to make you feel better about what's going on here?

In 2011 right before the season, Jordan Jefferson and Tyrann Mathieu got into a bar fight and were arrested, not charged but were suspended for some games. That was the quarterback and a pretty important part of the defense on the #1 team. It was a big deal where I live (Baton Rouge) but I doubt made the news outside of SEC territory. You are probably right because these two got arrested again not too long ago.

In 2011 right before the season, Jordan Jefferson and Tyrann Mathieu got into a bar fight and were arrested, not charged but were suspended for some games. That was the quarterback and a pretty important part of the defense on the #1 team. It was a big deal where I live (Baton Rouge) but I doubt made the news outside of SEC territory. You are probably right because these two got arrested again not too long ago.
I'm pretty sure everyone who follows college football knew about this.

1 Milwaukee's Beast is a bad idea, let alone 20

Well back in 1988 that was really the popular choice amongst college kids who had little money. Could have been worse, Piels was usually the #1 choice.