How many plays do you think georgia tech has in their playbook? | Syracusefan.com

How many plays do you think georgia tech has in their playbook?

IB - how long have they been running the same offensive system? I still think consistency is just as important as scheme. I am hopeful that Marrone is recruiting kids to fit his system.

IB - how long have they been running the same offensive system? I still think consistency is just as important as scheme. I am hopeful that Marrone is recruiting kids to fit his system.

Johnson's first year they averaged almost 380 yards on offense, not bad for year 1 completely new system with guys recruited to run Gailey's NFL system. It's having faith in your system, knowing it, implementing and executing it because you know it works

Johnson's first year they averaged almost 380 yards on offense, not bad for year 1 completely new system with guys recruited to run Gailey's NFL system. It's having faith in your system, knowing it, implementing and executing it because you know it works

I agree that system helps but you also have to take into account the coach. Paul Johnson taking over SU's O would have a much different impact than the guy who replaced him at Navy. I do not think SU will be able to get an O guru like a Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly, Johnson, Leach, Holgerson, Malzahan, etc. First those guys are hard to find. Second at best we would have them for only a few years. If we got the next guru they would quickly be snatched up as a HC or a million $ OC at a powerhouse. You do not want a revolving door at OC. We should pick a CFB O system and go with it. Get an experienced OC who understands it and is competent. But we should not expect that we will magically have an Oregon, GA Tech, WV O just because we make a switch. We will certainly improve from our current O.

For instance we can go out and get Lincoln Riley but he would likely be gone in two years. Then what? If you are going to hire him you better hire his replacement as well at the same time. Then groom him to take over. Or Marrone and/or Rob Moore would have to pick up the system very quickly.

I wouldn't mind Gregg Brandon. He didn't do great at UVA but he also wasn't there very long. He would bring the Spread and would likely be a longer term guy.

First those guys are hard to find. Second at best we would have them for only a few years. If we got the next guru they would quickly be snatched up as a HC or a million $ OC at a powerhouse. You do not want a revolving door at OC.
I would absolutely be ok with this actually.

I would absolutely be ok with this actually.
you pick an established successful system, you'll find replacements

we have the chance to be original among the dinosaurs in the northeast using an established offense with lots of potential replacements. but we continue to insist on using rube goldberg bullsh1t

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom