How many seniors do we have | Syracusefan.com

How many seniors do we have

orangemass

All American
i know there will be other attrition but seems like we won’t have that many slots for 2019

12 - Custis, Roberts (not sure if eligible for a 6th year), Slayton, Rodney Williams, Conway, Dungey, Keller, Perkins, Strickland, Whitner, Pierce, Guthrie.

OX - feel free to correct me here.

Eric Dungey
Dontae Strickland
Ravian Pierce
Rodney Williams
Antwan Cordy (unless granted a 6th year)
Jamal Custis
Kielan Whitner
Tyrone Perkins
Ryan Guthrie
Matt Keller
Aaron Roberts
Cody Conway
Chris Slayton

plus there are a few guys who could take their degrees after 2018.

It will be a real small class...might HCDB be real particular in grabbing a few guys late this cycle to push to 85 as it will screw over the '19 numbers?

It will be a real small class...might HCDB be real particular in grabbing a few guys late this cycle to push to 85 as it will screw over the '19 numbers?

I'd rather save the room for 2019 "A" listers.

The guys who will R-Jrs next season (according to SU roster)

Frederick
Welch
Shy
Hofrichter
Adams
Duerig
Berry
Byrne
Pickard.

Henderson and Clausman also in that class but obviously are not with the team anymore.

I'd rather save the room for 2019 "A" listers.
Tend to agree. However, it looks like they are saving two spots for Gardner and Jordan. If they look like they won't qualify I could see adds with a couple grad transfers. I'd keep one slot open for a Bromley/Alton Robinson pennies from heaven recruit.

The guys who will R-Jrs next season (according to SU roster)

Frederick
Welch
Shy
Hofrichter
Adams
Duerig
Berry
Byrne
Pickard.

Henderson and Clausman also in that class but obviously are not with the team anymore.
You gotta figure 1-3 of these guys get the talk next January. That will open up a few slots.

Last edited:
I'd assume that with just the normal rate of attrition that we see most years that we'll still end up right about 20.

You gotta figure 1-3 of these guys get the talk next January. That will open up a few slots.

Deurig is really the only guy that stands out. Pickard perhaps. Either way, small class for 2019 which is fine.

And normal attrition - a few players might get "Tuckered Out", maybe a few transfer for whatever reasons (aka "the talk"), maybe another 1-2 give up on football due to injuries, etc, - stuff happens.
Especially in football, and seemingly even moreso at SU.

I would be surprised if we didn't eventually end up with 20+ open slots by the time next year rolls around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom