How many waited for | Syracusefan.com

How many waited for

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
The replay to be sure it beat the clock? And then screamed again as it left his hand with .8 left on the clock!

Halfmooncuse said:
The replay to be sure it beat the clock? And then screamed again as it left his hand with .8 left on the clock!

I knew it was over. Specifically watched as it went through

no doubt in my mind it counted. even on a night when the refs blew everything else.

no doubt in my mind it counted. even on a night when the refs blew everything else.
Those guys were so bad, I knew it went in, but there was some hidden doubt that we would get screwed.
Underpromised and Overdelivered per se.

I agree but im still a little puzzled as to what took the refs so long to declare the game over. Look at any angle the ball left his hands waaay before time expired, yet they took 5 mins to "make sure"

I was wondering why they even had to bother to review it.
Espn had the clock on the screen and the ball was clearly in the air with about 1.2 seconds left.
And the ref closest to Ennis put up the 3 pt signal and was looking right at the basket as the ball was in the air.
Maybe they were checking to see if there should be any time left on the clock after the shot went in?
Or maybe they wanted to make sure the clock didn't screw up again like it did at the 43 second mark?

I agree but im still a little puzzled as to what took the refs so long to declare the game over. Look at any angle the ball left his hands waaay before time expired, yet they took 5 mins to "make sure"

I think they were reviewing to see whether they could call a technical on our bench for coming onto the court before time expired.;)

SUOrange44

I think they were reviewing to see whether they could call a technical on our bench for coming onto the court before time expired.;)

SUOrange44

Buss was at half court in an instant...love the enthusiasm, especially from a player who starred in high school and couldn't crack the rotation. T-E-A-M.

Last edited:
I enjoyed screaming again. I may scream again in a little while and maybe tomorrow when I get up!

Knew it was good as soon as it went up.
Just like when Sulamon hit his buzzer beater on February 1.
Tonight's buzzer beater scream was much more enjoyable.

The light didn't go off until the ball was pretty much doing through the basket. But still I had to watch it again on replay the to assure myself of what I already knew. Just had flashbacks of the Devendorf shot.

Knew it was good as soon as it went up.
Just like when Sulamon hit his buzzer beater on February 1.
Tonight's buzzer beater scream was much more enjoyable.

Yeah, my scream after the Sulamon shot went up was a big "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" followed by a loud -bomb.
Tonight's yell after that went in was a very loud and repeated "*** YEAH!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom