How to date an athlete: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How to date an athlete:

Wow, that's not remotely true. Who on earth raises their son wanting him to mistreat women?

I'm going to tell my son all about Derek Jeter and tell him that's the way to do it. Get lots of beautiful women while you are single but treat them well. You know, with gift baskets and such.
Yeah jeets!

Did she go there to gain professional journalism experience ... or to bed an athlete.?

What a pathetic article. Shame on her from writing it... and shame on syracuse.com for printing it. As I've frequently lamented, there are no editors any more.
I don't disagree with your editor point but this is what passes for news today? I think the never ending cycle has killed "news"

I don't disagree with your editor point but this is what passes for news today? I think the never ending cycle has killed "news"
That was exactly my point. A decent editor would not have allowed that to appear on syracuse.com

My brother in law went to college with the daughter of a former U.S.V.P. Her M.O. Was to date whatever team was in season. Wound up marrying a NFL player.
Yes, Miss Mondale. We shared a mutual friend. Heard lots of stories.

Totally off-topic, but:

I don't know why everyone differentiates their daughters from their sons. It really is a terrible idea. If you raise a son, you want him to sleep with as many women as he can and mistreat them along the way. However, if you have a daughter, then you want her to sleep with as few men as possible and to not be mistreated. I'm just interested in people treating someone else like their own kid.

I think you can treat boys and girls differently without falling into the patterns you listed. Rather than getting way too deep into game theory I'll just say men and women are different, and should be treated differently. If you understand game theory (and life really), you'd recognize that treating yours sons and daughters differently (while teaching them the same basic value system) is actually a really, really good idea.

(As an example, a male student that goes over to Sochi would have a 0.00000001% chance of hooking up with a female athlete - while a female student can absolutely enjoy her time as a human pincushion - the rules for men and women are different.)