How to neutralize Tre Jones? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How to neutralize Tre Jones?

I just think Battles height would be too much for Jones
he's giving up similar height to all three of our rotation guards

they had no answer for battle last game; they'll have to try something different and jones is the obvious first choice

We should do exactly what we did in the second half last night. Go with the Battle, Buddy, Brissett, Marek, Hughes lineup. Run the offense through Battle and our forwards, have Oshae post up without having Zion in there.

Outside of Jones their D sux, NC had over 60 in the paint. Cram it down their throat with anyone other than jones’ cover.

Outside of Jones their D sux, NC had over 60 in the paint. Cram it down their throat with anyone other than jones’ cover.

bilas said on tv the day of the unc duke game that duke is best defensive team in country. i get jones is awesome but that statement was laughable. syracuse scored 90 plus v them.

Last edited:
bilas said on tv the day of the uncertainty duke game that duke is best defensive team in country. i get jones is awesome but that statement was laughable. syracuse scored 90 plus v them.
Jack white is getting heavy minutes, lol

Sweep the leg

beat me to it

hA7D93700

Not having JB on the sidelines is going to hurt those 50/50 calls that we normally get at home. Things like Tre Jones handchecking, bumping and grinding need to be called if we're going to have a chance.

I would expect Jones to guard Tyus. If so i hope we have Frank handle the point and post Battle up just as we did with OB last game. In doing this we negate Jones pressure and create a miss match. In short take away Jones defensive strength by making him defend off the ball.

Slit the seams on his sneakers. It worked for UNC.

We need to do what we did in the 1st game and push the ball any time we can and find the mismatches. Tyus destroyed all the bums guarding him against Duke, if they’re on him again, he’s gotta play that way again. If Jones is on him predominantly, we will need Frank to step it up again and help with the ball handling. Hopefully, we can get road game Frank tonight.

No matter what, we’ve gotta hit our 3’s. Don’t need to hit 15 but must shoot at a high percentage again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom