How well will 'Cuse Nation represent North Carolina? | Syracusefan.com

How well will 'Cuse Nation represent North Carolina?

DomeStranger

All Conference
I love how SU fans can overtake some arena's in Florida, NYC area and DC. The announcers mention how well SU fans travel which isn't really true. SU just has a lot of alumni and ex-Syracusian's in those areas.

I wonder how much fan support we'll get in North Carolina. Seemed like when I lived in Syracuse everyone, their mothers and brothers were moving to North Carolina. I'm sure their are a ton of alumni/ex-townies in that state.

While I'm sure they are not going to take over Duke or NC's basketball arena's as they will probably be sold out with their own fans I just wonder how much Orange you'll see at these events. Maybe more so in football due to ticket availability?

Hard to believe with this connection how long it's been since we played in NC. Can anyone refresh my memory on the last times we played hoops or football there? How was the showing of Orange?

Been here 15 years now, Cuse grad, Cuse fan, Cuse family...Though may share a seat at the NCSU game with a NCSU friend, you know to help them understand how it's done...winning.

I think its safe to call the south east. The upsate NY of the south. Between Rochester,Buffalo,Syracuse and all the smaller towns.There are thousands upon thousands of upstate transplants down there.3/4 of my family included.

Been here 15 years now, Cuse grad, Cuse fan, Cuse family...Though may share a seat at the NCSU game with a NCSU friend, you know to help them understand how it's done...winning.

Could we overtake an NC State arena? Do they have plenty of unsold tickets at most games? Or will they pack the house (especially for a new blood game with SU)?

well last I checked there were plenty of seats for that game, I've already scooped up mines. I moved to Charlotte 2 years ago, so games like NC state, Duke, NC, Wake Forest and even Clemson, I plan to make my way to!

Hope to be down there permanently in 2-3 years.

I love how SU fans can overtake some arena's in Florida, NYC area and DC. The announcers mention how well SU fans travel which isn't really true. SU just has a lot of alumni and ex-Syracusian's in those areas.

I wonder how much fan support we'll get in North Carolina. Seemed like when I lived in Syracuse everyone, their mothers and brothers were moving to North Carolina. I'm sure their are a ton of alumni/ex-townies in that state.

While I'm sure they are not going to take over Duke or NC's basketball arena's as they will probably be sold out with their own fans I just wonder how much Orange you'll see at these events. Maybe more so in football due to ticket availability?

Hard to believe with this connection how long it's been since we played in NC. Can anyone refresh my memory on the last times we played hoops or football there? How was the showing of Orange?

We turned out really well in Chapel Hill in 2003. Ditto UVa 2004. I think we'll see a fair amount of Orange in the hoop games. Easy enough to purchase on the secondary markets and will be a treat for a lot of fans who haven't had a regular chance to cheer on the Orange. Cannot wait myself.

There are quite a few SU fans down in the Charlotte/Wilmington area. About 1/3 of Auburn has moved there over the last decade. I know alot of people down there who always watch every SU game. I'm sure they would be happy to travel to see SU/Duke or SU/UNC.

There will be several of us coming up from South Carolina as well.

We turned out really well in Chapel Hill in 2003. Ditto UVa 2004. I think we'll see a fair amount of Orange in the hoop games. Easy enough to purchase on the secondary markets and will be a treat for a lot of fans who haven't had a regular chance to cheer on the Orange. Cannot wait myself.

When did we play in Chapel Hill?

Triple overtime win football opener. Best game no one has seen.

How would people expect to get tickets for games at Cameron & the Dean Dome beyond the SU alottment?

Triple overtime win football opener. Best game no one has seen.
Walter Reyes! We STUFFED that shovel pass on that 2 point conversion to win it. Very entertaining game with two awful defenses.

well last I checked there were plenty of seats for that game, I've already scooped up mines. I moved to Charlotte 2 years ago, so games like NC state, Duke, NC, Wake Forest and even Clemson, I plan to make my way to!

I'm ATL-based, and over the past few years I've driven to Tampa, Memphis, DC, and Syracuse (of course) to watch games; I've flown to Philly, Milwaukee, Chicago, and NYC to see games. I'll be driving to the NC State game in December, and then I'll be at every one of those games you mentioned.

In Knoxville, TN now. Hope to be in Charlotte, NC within the next couple years.

Live in the Charlotte area and there are about 30 of us going to the NC State game. A couple of State fans but mostly Cuse fans. It's going to be a good time.

Live in the Charlotte area and there are about 30 of us going to the NC State game. A couple of State fans but mostly Cuse fans. It's going to be a good time.
I'm in Charlotte for work sometimes, so I'll arrange to work out of the Charlotte office that week. Got some good friends up there, too. Let's pick a pre-game bar...

Wake Forest and NC State we'll travel very well too.

Duke and UNC we would travel well too, but their fans are going to take up all of the seats not in SU's allotment. Syracuse is a big name opponent. Their fans will be camping outside of their stadiums, just like SU fans will be camping outside of the Dome when we play them.

I live in Durham. There are a ton of Orange fans down here. Expect to see alot of Orange at NC State, UNC, Duke and Wake Forest games. Greensboro tournaments will see alot of Orange as well.

I live in Durham. There are a ton of Orange fans down here. Expect to see alot of Orange at NC State, UNC, Duke and Wake Forest games. Greensboro tournaments will see alot of Orange as well.
I lived in Durham for 3 years.
That was a while ago.
But I don't think basketball fever in the Triangle has diminished.
If anything, it's stronger.
So I find it hard to believe that tickets to games at Cameron, the Dean Dome and the ACC Tournament will
be available in any sizeable numbers beyond the SU alottment. At some other schools' homecourts it will depend on how their team is doing.

Live in Raleigh. I know a lot of cuse fans here in the triangle. I expect a big turnout in December for the state game.

I'm not really sure how all this is going to happen with 30 people but if I get there early enough i will post where we are going. I've been to raliegh once and I'm not sure what bars are near by.

I'm in Charlotte for work sometimes, so I'll arrange to work out of the Charlotte office that week. Got some good friends up there, too. Let's pick a pre-game bar...