How will opposing arenas/fans treat JB? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How will opposing arenas/fans treat JB?

I think people will generally be fine. There may be a handful of idiots but that is all.

Even if you go to the boneyard today and start reading their thread it is respectful. This is a very personal situation and I would feel for anybody that is in such an unfortunate accident, rival or not. I think most people are able to separate this from off the field, on the court, etx.

It hurts and says more about the taunter in this situation than it does the tauntee.

I hope and expect to see nothing.

I remember taunting st Bonnie when Greg sanders got arrested for shoplifting clothes.
And not suspended for that ECAC playoff game in Rochester.
1550789323666.gif

North Carolina State fans beg to differ. I don't know that anything as bad has happened since, but they said awful things to Kueth Duany in 2001 and I know they've got a reputation as low-class.

If I remember correctly there was an incident with some WVU fans calling Kueth a "spear-chucker." When in reality he was/is probably more intelligent and sophisticated than anyone in their student section.

Unfortunately someones tragedy often lifts the man hole cover and the sewage spews forth.

If I remember correctly there was an incident with some WVU fans calling Kueth a "spear-chucker." When in reality he was/is probably more intelligent and sophisticated than anyone in their student section.

But they didn't actually taunt Ernie Davis, only in the movie.

I was just at the airport in San Diego heading to Syracuse and the first thing the Delta check in guys says is “ watch out on the freeways over there.. you might get hit by the Syracuse coach.” SUCH poor taste. I should have given him a piece of my mind but he wasn’t worth the effort. I guess when people are distant from these things they make light of it... and part of me gets that...but I was wearing an SU sweatshirt and I don’t think it was appropriate to say what he said. If he had simply asked if I heard about it that would have been different.

I was just at the airport in San Diego heading to Syracuse and the first thing the Delta check in guys says is “ watch out on the freeways over there.. you might get hit by the Syracuse coach.” SUCH poor taste. I should have given him a piece of my mind but he wasn’t worth the effort. I guess when people are distant from these things they make light of it... and part of me gets that...but I was wearing an SU sweatshirt and I don’t think it was appropriate to say what he said. If he had simply asked if I heard about it that would have been different.

That is...absolutely ridiculous.

That's disgraceful. Someone got killed - we're not talking about someone who made the news because of their own stupidity of something like that.

That's disgraceful. Someone got killed - we're not talking about someone who made the news because of their own stupidity of something like that.

Exactly. Someone who did nothing wrong. Pathetically stupid comment.