How would Dino be fairing if we played | Syracusefan.com

How would Dino be fairing if we played

PhatOrange

Living Legend
(BC's joke schedule aside) how would we be having played?

Howard -
@FIU -
@UCF
Purdue -

Maryland is 4-0 and receiving votes

Last edited:
(BC's joke schedule aside) how would we be having played?

Howard -
@FIU -
@UCF
Purdue -

Maryland is 4-0
maryland probably wasn't as bad as their record. their schedule was rough last year. easier schedule + a better coach

i haven't found any good way to figure out what the strength of schedule will end up looking like for us. life used to be a lot easier when we had rutgers and temple, pitt and WVU with washed up old hall of famers, dan henning BC, miami probation

we had everything line up for us back then

now we have clemson and louisville as good as they'll ever be + florida state, virginia tech has a good offense with fuente... this is tough.

maryland probably wasn't as bad as their record. their schedule was rough last year. easier schedule + a better coach

i haven't found any good way to figure out what the strength of schedule will end up looking like for us. life used to be a lot easier when we had rutgers and temple, pitt and WVU with washed up old hall of famers, dan henning BC, miami probation

we had everything line up for us back then

now we have clemson and louisville as good as they'll ever be + florida state, virginia tech has a good offense with fuente... this is tough.

i think my overall point is we need to back off on the OOC. We need to schedule for success a little bit. (it's been beaten to death i know) . it's irritating watching teams get credit for beating cream puffs.

maryland still faces the gauntlet of Ohio State, Michigan St, Michigan, plus Ped St and Indiana are good enough to beat them so they'll end up 6-6 but it's the difference between that or 3-9.

I don't think the 4th OOC game will be anything but an FCS school.

Middle Tennessee replaces UConn.
C. Mich. replaces USF.
LSU replaces ND.

All things considered, 2017's OOC is a step in the right direction.

My favorite setup:
1 FCS
2 low level non p-5's
1 equivalent

We get a minimum of 2, most times 3 marquee games in conference, no need for that in OOC play right now.

Our OOC schedule hasn't been a gauntlet. If we want to get back to being in the conversation as a good football school, I don't know if scheduling softer cupcakes is the solution.

Our OOC schedule hasn't been a gauntlet. If we want to get back to being in the conversation as a good football school, I don't know if scheduling softer cupcakes is the solution.

it's a gauntlet when you can lose half or more of the OOC games. You should schedule 3 cream puffs and 1 P5. The Big 10 usually schedules 3 OOC creampuffs. The SEC same thing.

Alabama plays Western Kentucky, Kent State and Chattanooga

With Clemson & FSU on the schedule annually. As well a surprise like Louisville and how good they are, there is absolutely NO need to bring in a high profile OOC opponent.

Everybody will be impressed enough with our conference slate.

UCF doest seem to be horrible. Lost by 6 t UMd and blown out by top UM.

it's a gauntlet when you can lose half or more of the OOC games. You should schedule 3 cream puffs and 1 marquee. The Big 10 usually schedules 3 OOC creampuffs. The SEC same thing.

My point was that USF, Connecticut, and Colgate should be creampuffs every year. USF has good and bad years, but even a good year shouldn't put them at our level... shouldn't

it's a gauntlet when you can lose half or more of the OOC games. You should schedule 3 cream puffs and 1 P5. The Big 10 usually schedules 3 OOC creampuffs. The SEC same thing.

Bama played USC.

So four cream puffs.

I generally agree, with FSU, Clemp'sin, and now Ville, our OOC needs to be FCS and 3 G5's that we are guaranteed to win (i.e not USF). I do want to enjoy next years trip to the bayou tho :p

My point was that USF, Connecticut, and Colgate should be creampuffs every year. USF has good and bad years, but even a good year shouldn't put them at our level... shouldn't

South Florida is a peer school and one we should beat 50% of the time. They are every bit a P5 school imho same as someone like Cincy. So if you schedule South Florida then your other 3 games are Akron, Buffalo, Kent State.

South Florida was very respectable Big East team and then hit a wall with a crappy coach. They are ramping it back up again with Taggart and of course they are in a talent meca.

Last edited:

Actually it is the solution. There are plenty examples of increased perception which is what we need on multiple fronts

We've had 10 years plus of USF to understand their upside. It's needless. Throw a Cincy in that same bucket.

Buffalo is down the street, play them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom